Sep 26, 2011, 3:01 PM EDT
No, not Ervin or Johan or Rafael. Carlos. And no, not the catcher. The guitar player.
You’ll recall that Tony La Russa rocked out with Santana back in early September? Well, as Derrick Goold notes, the Cards are 13-4 since then. And it’s not just coincidence! Santana gave La Russa a lucky charm in the form of some feathered necklace thing, and that has to be doing it.
Why not? The only think I think to be more likely is that Fredi Gonzalez went to a Danzig show around the same time and got a bad luck charm of some sort, leading the Braves’ skid.
Which, to be honest, would make this all much easier for me to accept.
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 44
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 44
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 6
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 13
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (89)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)