Sep 26, 2011, 3:01 PM EDT
No, not Ervin or Johan or Rafael. Carlos. And no, not the catcher. The guitar player.
You’ll recall that Tony La Russa rocked out with Santana back in early September? Well, as Derrick Goold notes, the Cards are 13-4 since then. And it’s not just coincidence! Santana gave La Russa a lucky charm in the form of some feathered necklace thing, and that has to be doing it.
Why not? The only think I think to be more likely is that Fredi Gonzalez went to a Danzig show around the same time and got a bad luck charm of some sort, leading the Braves’ skid.
Which, to be honest, would make this all much easier for me to accept.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 2
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 38
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (94)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)