Sep 26, 2011, 3:01 PM EDT
No, not Ervin or Johan or Rafael. Carlos. And no, not the catcher. The guitar player.
You’ll recall that Tony La Russa rocked out with Santana back in early September? Well, as Derrick Goold notes, the Cards are 13-4 since then. And it’s not just coincidence! Santana gave La Russa a lucky charm in the form of some feathered necklace thing, and that has to be doing it.
Why not? The only think I think to be more likely is that Fredi Gonzalez went to a Danzig show around the same time and got a bad luck charm of some sort, leading the Braves’ skid.
Which, to be honest, would make this all much easier for me to accept.
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 2
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 12
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 14
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- Bartolo Colon and Scott Feldman clear revocable waivers; eligible to be traded to any team 22
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (142)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)