Sep 26, 2011, 3:01 PM EST
No, not Ervin or Johan or Rafael. Carlos. And no, not the catcher. The guitar player.
You’ll recall that Tony La Russa rocked out with Santana back in early September? Well, as Derrick Goold notes, the Cards are 13-4 since then. And it’s not just coincidence! Santana gave La Russa a lucky charm in the form of some feathered necklace thing, and that has to be doing it.
Why not? The only think I think to be more likely is that Fredi Gonzalez went to a Danzig show around the same time and got a bad luck charm of some sort, leading the Braves’ skid.
Which, to be honest, would make this all much easier for me to accept.
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 64
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 32
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 13
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 119
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (119)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (93)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)