Sep 26, 2011, 3:01 PM EDT
No, not Ervin or Johan or Rafael. Carlos. And no, not the catcher. The guitar player.
You’ll recall that Tony La Russa rocked out with Santana back in early September? Well, as Derrick Goold notes, the Cards are 13-4 since then. And it’s not just coincidence! Santana gave La Russa a lucky charm in the form of some feathered necklace thing, and that has to be doing it.
Why not? The only think I think to be more likely is that Fredi Gonzalez went to a Danzig show around the same time and got a bad luck charm of some sort, leading the Braves’ skid.
Which, to be honest, would make this all much easier for me to accept.
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 12
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 16
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 12
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 58
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 42
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 21
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)