Sep 27, 2011, 7:39 PM EDT
The Brewers still don’t know who they’ll be playing in the NLDS, but they have settled on their Game 1 starter.
Gallardo was scratched from Wednesday’s scheduled start, but threw a couple of simulated innings as part of a workout today in order to stay sharp.
How the rest of the rotation takes shape depends upon whether the Brewers will be able to wrap up home-field advantage for the first round. They currently hold a one-game lead over the Diamondbacks. If the Brewers are able to clinch home-field advantage tonight, Zack Greinke will only throw a couple of innings tomorrow, which sets him up to start Game 2 and Shaun Marcum to start Game 3. If they need a win tomorrow, Greinke will pitch as normal and be held back for Game 3. Randy Wolf will be the fourth starter until both scenarios.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)