Sep 27, 2011, 7:39 PM EDT
The Brewers still don’t know who they’ll be playing in the NLDS, but they have settled on their Game 1 starter.
Gallardo was scratched from Wednesday’s scheduled start, but threw a couple of simulated innings as part of a workout today in order to stay sharp.
How the rest of the rotation takes shape depends upon whether the Brewers will be able to wrap up home-field advantage for the first round. They currently hold a one-game lead over the Diamondbacks. If the Brewers are able to clinch home-field advantage tonight, Zack Greinke will only throw a couple of innings tomorrow, which sets him up to start Game 2 and Shaun Marcum to start Game 3. If they need a win tomorrow, Greinke will pitch as normal and be held back for Game 3. Randy Wolf will be the fourth starter until both scenarios.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)