Sep 27, 2011, 7:39 PM EDT
The Brewers still don’t know who they’ll be playing in the NLDS, but they have settled on their Game 1 starter.
Gallardo was scratched from Wednesday’s scheduled start, but threw a couple of simulated innings as part of a workout today in order to stay sharp.
How the rest of the rotation takes shape depends upon whether the Brewers will be able to wrap up home-field advantage for the first round. They currently hold a one-game lead over the Diamondbacks. If the Brewers are able to clinch home-field advantage tonight, Zack Greinke will only throw a couple of innings tomorrow, which sets him up to start Game 2 and Shaun Marcum to start Game 3. If they need a win tomorrow, Greinke will pitch as normal and be held back for Game 3. Randy Wolf will be the fourth starter until both scenarios.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 65
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 75
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 69
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 100
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (101)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (100)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)