Sep 27, 2011, 7:39 PM EDT
The Brewers still don’t know who they’ll be playing in the NLDS, but they have settled on their Game 1 starter.
Gallardo was scratched from Wednesday’s scheduled start, but threw a couple of simulated innings as part of a workout today in order to stay sharp.
How the rest of the rotation takes shape depends upon whether the Brewers will be able to wrap up home-field advantage for the first round. They currently hold a one-game lead over the Diamondbacks. If the Brewers are able to clinch home-field advantage tonight, Zack Greinke will only throw a couple of innings tomorrow, which sets him up to start Game 2 and Shaun Marcum to start Game 3. If they need a win tomorrow, Greinke will pitch as normal and be held back for Game 3. Randy Wolf will be the fourth starter until both scenarios.
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 58
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 16
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 32
- Meet the Matz! The Mets call up Steven Matz to make his MLB debut 11
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 23
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)