Sep 27, 2011, 8:20 PM EDT
Carlos Zambrano, who has likely pitched his last game for the Cubs, is selling the lesser of his two Chicag0-area homes for $969,000.
The Tribune reports that Zambrano paid $1.199 million for the 4,000-square-foot home in 2006:
Built in 1999, the house in River Forest has four full baths, a loft, a finished lower level with a large recreation room, a three-car garage and a sunken great room with a wall of windows and a vaulted ceiling.
Zambrano apparently will continue to live in the West Lakeview home he purchased in 2008. He paid $2.66 million for that one.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)