Sep 27, 2011, 8:20 PM EDT
Carlos Zambrano, who has likely pitched his last game for the Cubs, is selling the lesser of his two Chicag0-area homes for $969,000.
The Tribune reports that Zambrano paid $1.199 million for the 4,000-square-foot home in 2006:
Built in 1999, the house in River Forest has four full baths, a loft, a finished lower level with a large recreation room, a three-car garage and a sunken great room with a wall of windows and a vaulted ceiling.
Zambrano apparently will continue to live in the West Lakeview home he purchased in 2008. He paid $2.66 million for that one.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 56
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 15
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 43
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead