Sep 27, 2011, 8:20 PM EST
Carlos Zambrano, who has likely pitched his last game for the Cubs, is selling the lesser of his two Chicag0-area homes for $969,000.
The Tribune reports that Zambrano paid $1.199 million for the 4,000-square-foot home in 2006:
Built in 1999, the house in River Forest has four full baths, a loft, a finished lower level with a large recreation room, a three-car garage and a sunken great room with a wall of windows and a vaulted ceiling.
Zambrano apparently will continue to live in the West Lakeview home he purchased in 2008. He paid $2.66 million for that one.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 28
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 17
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)