Sep 27, 2011, 8:20 PM EDT
Carlos Zambrano, who has likely pitched his last game for the Cubs, is selling the lesser of his two Chicag0-area homes for $969,000.
The Tribune reports that Zambrano paid $1.199 million for the 4,000-square-foot home in 2006:
Built in 1999, the house in River Forest has four full baths, a loft, a finished lower level with a large recreation room, a three-car garage and a sunken great room with a wall of windows and a vaulted ceiling.
Zambrano apparently will continue to live in the West Lakeview home he purchased in 2008. He paid $2.66 million for that one.
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 1
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 1
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 3
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 26
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 79
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)