Sep 27, 2011, 8:20 PM EDT
Carlos Zambrano, who has likely pitched his last game for the Cubs, is selling the lesser of his two Chicag0-area homes for $969,000.
The Tribune reports that Zambrano paid $1.199 million for the 4,000-square-foot home in 2006:
Built in 1999, the house in River Forest has four full baths, a loft, a finished lower level with a large recreation room, a three-car garage and a sunken great room with a wall of windows and a vaulted ceiling.
Zambrano apparently will continue to live in the West Lakeview home he purchased in 2008. He paid $2.66 million for that one.
- Today is the Sox’ annual Patriot’s Day game. It’s more significant now than ever. 11
- Boswell: “Harper may be the Nats’ seventh-best player” 52
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 71
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 10
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 179
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (179)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (113)