Sep 27, 2011, 5:33 PM EDT
For now the Rays have deemed the hospital trip and testing “precautionary,” but Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times reports that Kotchman was taken out on a stretcher.
Kotchman is one of the big reasons why the Rays are in position to make the playoffs, hitting .305 with a .377 on-base percentage in 145 games after joining the team on a minor-league contract that pays him just $750,000. He has an .800 OPS after batting just .254 with a .695 OPS during the previous three seasons.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 7
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 10
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 55
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 65
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)