Sep 27, 2011, 4:32 PM EDT
Finally, some good news for the Braves. Sort of.
Jones made it pretty clear that he was willing to play through just about anything short of a broken leg and last night he doubled and homered despite saying afterward that he probably shouldn’t have even been in the lineup.
For all the wreckage around him, Jones has hit .294 with four homers, seven doubles, and an .872 OPS in 24 games this month.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 4
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 14
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 55
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)