Sep 27, 2011, 4:32 PM EDT
Finally, some good news for the Braves. Sort of.
Jones made it pretty clear that he was willing to play through just about anything short of a broken leg and last night he doubled and homered despite saying afterward that he probably shouldn’t have even been in the lineup.
For all the wreckage around him, Jones has hit .294 with four homers, seven doubles, and an .872 OPS in 24 games this month.
- Today is the Sox’ annual Patriot’s Day game. It’s more significant now than ever. 5
- Boswell: “Harper may be the Nats’ seventh-best player” 28
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 71
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 10
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 172
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (172)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)