Sep 27, 2011, 1:31 PM EDT
Doc Gooden has a Twitter account. I don’t read it much. Maybe I’ll start, though, because he seems to be breaking into the Heyman/Buster/Rosenthal world of transaction scoops. Here he was a few minutes ago:
I would have ignored it totally if it wasn’t for the “insidescoop” hash tag. But since it’s there I’m going to imagine that Gooden has been working the phones all morning and finally got a source to talk to him. He’s wearing a 1986 Mets cap with a “press” card taped to the side too.
I can’t ever picture the Marlins spending that kind of money, but how fun would Pujols in Miami be? I can picture the cover of Sports Illustrated already. Ozzie and Albert in their ugly new Marlins uniforms, smiling big in front of palm trees or whatever. Like Bum Phillips and Ken Stabler with the New Orleans Saints back in ’84 or whenever it was.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12