Sep 27, 2011, 1:31 PM EST
Doc Gooden has a Twitter account. I don’t read it much. Maybe I’ll start, though, because he seems to be breaking into the Heyman/Buster/Rosenthal world of transaction scoops. Here he was a few minutes ago:
I would have ignored it totally if it wasn’t for the “insidescoop” hash tag. But since it’s there I’m going to imagine that Gooden has been working the phones all morning and finally got a source to talk to him. He’s wearing a 1986 Mets cap with a “press” card taped to the side too.
I can’t ever picture the Marlins spending that kind of money, but how fun would Pujols in Miami be? I can picture the cover of Sports Illustrated already. Ozzie and Albert in their ugly new Marlins uniforms, smiling big in front of palm trees or whatever. Like Bum Phillips and Ken Stabler with the New Orleans Saints back in ’84 or whenever it was.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 13
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 86
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (99)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (86)