Sep 27, 2011, 1:31 PM EDT
Doc Gooden has a Twitter account. I don’t read it much. Maybe I’ll start, though, because he seems to be breaking into the Heyman/Buster/Rosenthal world of transaction scoops. Here he was a few minutes ago:
I would have ignored it totally if it wasn’t for the “insidescoop” hash tag. But since it’s there I’m going to imagine that Gooden has been working the phones all morning and finally got a source to talk to him. He’s wearing a 1986 Mets cap with a “press” card taped to the side too.
I can’t ever picture the Marlins spending that kind of money, but how fun would Pujols in Miami be? I can picture the cover of Sports Illustrated already. Ozzie and Albert in their ugly new Marlins uniforms, smiling big in front of palm trees or whatever. Like Bum Phillips and Ken Stabler with the New Orleans Saints back in ’84 or whenever it was.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 84
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 223
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (223)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)