Sep 27, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
Juan C. Rodriguez of the South Florida Sen Sentinel reports that Infante turned down the Marlins’ initial contract offer earlier this month, but the two sides continued to talk and eventually came to an agreement.
Infante is making $2.5 million this season as part of a three-year, $6.58 million deal signed with the Braves and would have been eligible for free agency this offseason. His production has predictably dropped off this season following a career-year in 2010, but Infante is a decent regular or top-notch utility man and $4 million per season is reasonable money.
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 9
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)