Sep 27, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
Juan C. Rodriguez of the South Florida Sen Sentinel reports that Infante turned down the Marlins’ initial contract offer earlier this month, but the two sides continued to talk and eventually came to an agreement.
Infante is making $2.5 million this season as part of a three-year, $6.58 million deal signed with the Braves and would have been eligible for free agency this offseason. His production has predictably dropped off this season following a career-year in 2010, but Infante is a decent regular or top-notch utility man and $4 million per season is reasonable money.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 3
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 160
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 69
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (161)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)