Sep 27, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
Juan C. Rodriguez of the South Florida Sen Sentinel reports that Infante turned down the Marlins’ initial contract offer earlier this month, but the two sides continued to talk and eventually came to an agreement.
Infante is making $2.5 million this season as part of a three-year, $6.58 million deal signed with the Braves and would have been eligible for free agency this offseason. His production has predictably dropped off this season following a career-year in 2010, but Infante is a decent regular or top-notch utility man and $4 million per season is reasonable money.
- Today is the Sox’ annual Patriot’s Day game. It’s more significant now than ever. 0
- Boswell: “Harper may be the Nats’ seventh-best player” 19
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 55
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 9
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 171
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (171)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)