Sep 27, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
Juan C. Rodriguez of the South Florida Sen Sentinel reports that Infante turned down the Marlins’ initial contract offer earlier this month, but the two sides continued to talk and eventually came to an agreement.
Infante is making $2.5 million this season as part of a three-year, $6.58 million deal signed with the Braves and would have been eligible for free agency this offseason. His production has predictably dropped off this season following a career-year in 2010, but Infante is a decent regular or top-notch utility man and $4 million per season is reasonable money.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 332
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 69
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 45
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (332)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (160)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)