Sep 27, 2011, 10:47 AM EST
Juan C. Rodriguez of the South Florida Sen Sentinel reports that Infante turned down the Marlins’ initial contract offer earlier this month, but the two sides continued to talk and eventually came to an agreement.
Infante is making $2.5 million this season as part of a three-year, $6.58 million deal signed with the Braves and would have been eligible for free agency this offseason. His production has predictably dropped off this season following a career-year in 2010, but Infante is a decent regular or top-notch utility man and $4 million per season is reasonable money.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)