Sep 27, 2011, 11:51 AM EDT
It’s no secret that the Cubs will do whatever they can to get rid of Carlos Zambrano this offseason and now that Ozzie Guillen is headed to the Marlins there’s speculation that Zambrano could join him in Florida.
Guillen has always been very public in his support of Zambrano over the years and the two Venezuelans are off-field friends, going to dinner together in Chicago after the game that led the Cubs to suspend Zambrano following a dugout scuffle with teammate Derrek Lee last season.
Zambrano has one season and $18 million remaining on his contract and Bruce Levine of ESPN Chicago speculates that Guillen will push the Marlins to add him to the rotation, presumably while asking the Cubs to eat a huge portion of that money and take a low-level prospect (or maybe even nothing) in return.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (87)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)