Sep 27, 2011, 11:51 AM EDT
It’s no secret that the Cubs will do whatever they can to get rid of Carlos Zambrano this offseason and now that Ozzie Guillen is headed to the Marlins there’s speculation that Zambrano could join him in Florida.
Guillen has always been very public in his support of Zambrano over the years and the two Venezuelans are off-field friends, going to dinner together in Chicago after the game that led the Cubs to suspend Zambrano following a dugout scuffle with teammate Derrek Lee last season.
Zambrano has one season and $18 million remaining on his contract and Bruce Levine of ESPN Chicago speculates that Guillen will push the Marlins to add him to the rotation, presumably while asking the Cubs to eat a huge portion of that money and take a low-level prospect (or maybe even nothing) in return.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 42
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 58
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (114)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (103)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Live Extra: Watch coverage of Carb Day at Indy
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional