Sep 27, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Rafael Furcal had to leave last night’s Cards-Astros game due to a tight left hamstring. It seems now that he’s going to need a coupe of days to recover. Since there are only a couple of days in the season that means that the Cardinals will have to win or lose the wild card without him.
In his place: likely Nick Punto, according to Matt Leach of MLB.com. No word on whether Ryan Theriot will play a part. Which is strange because, after all, the Cardinals were in first place back when he was the starting shortstop.
Oh well. It is what it is.
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 0
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 9
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 9
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 77
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)