Sep 27, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Rafael Furcal had to leave last night’s Cards-Astros game due to a tight left hamstring. It seems now that he’s going to need a coupe of days to recover. Since there are only a couple of days in the season that means that the Cardinals will have to win or lose the wild card without him.
In his place: likely Nick Punto, according to Matt Leach of MLB.com. No word on whether Ryan Theriot will play a part. Which is strange because, after all, the Cardinals were in first place back when he was the starting shortstop.
Oh well. It is what it is.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 56
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 1
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 131
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 97
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (131)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)