Sep 27, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
Fun with statistics with Corey Seidman of CSNPhilly:
Of the 20 teams to win 100 games since 1995, only two have won the World Series: the 2009 Yankees (103-59, beat the Phillies in six games) and the 1998 Yankees (114-48, swept the Padres).
So, yeah, you probably should have let yourself get swept by the Braves and entered the playoffs as a lean and mean 99-win team, not some bloated and doomed-to-failure 100-win fancy-pants.
But hey, your funeral.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8