Sep 27, 2011, 3:00 PM EST
Fun with statistics with Corey Seidman of CSNPhilly:
Of the 20 teams to win 100 games since 1995, only two have won the World Series: the 2009 Yankees (103-59, beat the Phillies in six games) and the 1998 Yankees (114-48, swept the Padres).
So, yeah, you probably should have let yourself get swept by the Braves and entered the playoffs as a lean and mean 99-win team, not some bloated and doomed-to-failure 100-win fancy-pants.
But hey, your funeral.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 12
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 36
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 43
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)