Sep 27, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
Fun with statistics with Corey Seidman of CSNPhilly:
Of the 20 teams to win 100 games since 1995, only two have won the World Series: the 2009 Yankees (103-59, beat the Phillies in six games) and the 1998 Yankees (114-48, swept the Padres).
So, yeah, you probably should have let yourself get swept by the Braves and entered the playoffs as a lean and mean 99-win team, not some bloated and doomed-to-failure 100-win fancy-pants.
But hey, your funeral.
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis is working on a no-hitter against the Phillies 0
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 3
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 30
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 40
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 16
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23