Sep 28, 2011, 9:16 PM EDT
Fortunately for the Braves, Jason Heyward‘s struggle with the lights on a Raul Ibanez fly to right and Jack Wilson‘s potentially huge error only cost Tim Hudson one run and the Braves are taking a 3-2 lead on the Phillies into the bottom of the seventh.
Wilson’s error on Carlos Ruiz‘s grounder to short allowed one run and put the tying run in scoring position and the go-ahead run on first. However, Eric O’Flaherty took over for Hudson then and induced an inning-ending double play from Shane Victorino.
Hudson ended up allowing two runs in 6 1/3 innings in what would be his 17th win if the Braves can hold on. The Cards are up 6-0 on Houston, so it looks like the Braves will need the victory to force a one-game playoff.
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 43
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 69
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 39
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)