Sep 28, 2011, 9:16 PM EDT
Fortunately for the Braves, Jason Heyward‘s struggle with the lights on a Raul Ibanez fly to right and Jack Wilson‘s potentially huge error only cost Tim Hudson one run and the Braves are taking a 3-2 lead on the Phillies into the bottom of the seventh.
Wilson’s error on Carlos Ruiz‘s grounder to short allowed one run and put the tying run in scoring position and the go-ahead run on first. However, Eric O’Flaherty took over for Hudson then and induced an inning-ending double play from Shane Victorino.
Hudson ended up allowing two runs in 6 1/3 innings in what would be his 17th win if the Braves can hold on. The Cards are up 6-0 on Houston, so it looks like the Braves will need the victory to force a one-game playoff.
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 1
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 78
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 10
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 19
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)