Sep 28, 2011, 9:16 PM EST
Fortunately for the Braves, Jason Heyward‘s struggle with the lights on a Raul Ibanez fly to right and Jack Wilson‘s potentially huge error only cost Tim Hudson one run and the Braves are taking a 3-2 lead on the Phillies into the bottom of the seventh.
Wilson’s error on Carlos Ruiz‘s grounder to short allowed one run and put the tying run in scoring position and the go-ahead run on first. However, Eric O’Flaherty took over for Hudson then and induced an inning-ending double play from Shane Victorino.
Hudson ended up allowing two runs in 6 1/3 innings in what would be his 17th win if the Braves can hold on. The Cards are up 6-0 on Houston, so it looks like the Braves will need the victory to force a one-game playoff.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)