Sep 28, 2011, 9:16 PM EDT
Fortunately for the Braves, Jason Heyward‘s struggle with the lights on a Raul Ibanez fly to right and Jack Wilson‘s potentially huge error only cost Tim Hudson one run and the Braves are taking a 3-2 lead on the Phillies into the bottom of the seventh.
Wilson’s error on Carlos Ruiz‘s grounder to short allowed one run and put the tying run in scoring position and the go-ahead run on first. However, Eric O’Flaherty took over for Hudson then and induced an inning-ending double play from Shane Victorino.
Hudson ended up allowing two runs in 6 1/3 innings in what would be his 17th win if the Braves can hold on. The Cards are up 6-0 on Houston, so it looks like the Braves will need the victory to force a one-game playoff.
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 10
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 68
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 9
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 86
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 20
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- There’s nothing better than a Game 7? Well, maybe there is. 23
- Report: Cubs hire Joe Maddon as manager 72
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (147)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)