Sep 28, 2011, 8:32 PM EDT
Jon Jay singled through the left side of the infield, Allen Craig did the same, then Albert Pujols rocketed a ball off Minute Maid Park’s Crawford Boxes to tally the game’s first score. Lance Berkman followed with a run-scoring single and David Frese smashed an RBI double to left-center as the first five St. Louis hitters reached base.
The Cardinals sent 10 hitters to the plate and racked up five runs on seven hits. Carpenter responded by shutting down the Astros’ lineup in order in the bottom half of the frame. This has the look of a blowout.
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 30
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 8
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 7
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 29
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 32
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 20
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)