Sep 28, 2011, 8:32 PM EST
Jon Jay singled through the left side of the infield, Allen Craig did the same, then Albert Pujols rocketed a ball off Minute Maid Park’s Crawford Boxes to tally the game’s first score. Lance Berkman followed with a run-scoring single and David Frese smashed an RBI double to left-center as the first five St. Louis hitters reached base.
The Cardinals sent 10 hitters to the plate and racked up five runs on seven hits. Carpenter responded by shutting down the Astros’ lineup in order in the bottom half of the frame. This has the look of a blowout.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27