Sep 28, 2011, 4:16 PM EDT
Casey Kotchman missed last night’s game after being removed from the Rays’ clubhouse on a stretcher and taken to the hospital for chest pains, but the first baseman is back in the lineup tonight.
He’s batting sixth versus Dellin Betances and the Yankees in what will be Kotchman’s career-high 146th game.
He also has career-highs in batting average (.302), on-base percentage (.377), and adjusted OPS+ (122), which is pretty remarkable after hitting a combined .242 with a .309 OBP and .358 slugging percentage during the previous two seasons.
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 0
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 36
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 15
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 69
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76