Sep 28, 2011, 4:16 PM EDT
Casey Kotchman missed last night’s game after being removed from the Rays’ clubhouse on a stretcher and taken to the hospital for chest pains, but the first baseman is back in the lineup tonight.
He’s batting sixth versus Dellin Betances and the Yankees in what will be Kotchman’s career-high 146th game.
He also has career-highs in batting average (.302), on-base percentage (.377), and adjusted OPS+ (122), which is pretty remarkable after hitting a combined .242 with a .309 OBP and .358 slugging percentage during the previous two seasons.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (85)