Sep 28, 2011, 4:16 PM EDT
Casey Kotchman missed last night’s game after being removed from the Rays’ clubhouse on a stretcher and taken to the hospital for chest pains, but the first baseman is back in the lineup tonight.
He’s batting sixth versus Dellin Betances and the Yankees in what will be Kotchman’s career-high 146th game.
He also has career-highs in batting average (.302), on-base percentage (.377), and adjusted OPS+ (122), which is pretty remarkable after hitting a combined .242 with a .309 OBP and .358 slugging percentage during the previous two seasons.
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 5
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 5
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 30
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)