Sep 28, 2011, 4:16 PM EST
Casey Kotchman missed last night’s game after being removed from the Rays’ clubhouse on a stretcher and taken to the hospital for chest pains, but the first baseman is back in the lineup tonight.
He’s batting sixth versus Dellin Betances and the Yankees in what will be Kotchman’s career-high 146th game.
He also has career-highs in batting average (.302), on-base percentage (.377), and adjusted OPS+ (122), which is pretty remarkable after hitting a combined .242 with a .309 OBP and .358 slugging percentage during the previous two seasons.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (109)