Sep 28, 2011, 4:16 PM EST
Casey Kotchman missed last night’s game after being removed from the Rays’ clubhouse on a stretcher and taken to the hospital for chest pains, but the first baseman is back in the lineup tonight.
He’s batting sixth versus Dellin Betances and the Yankees in what will be Kotchman’s career-high 146th game.
He also has career-highs in batting average (.302), on-base percentage (.377), and adjusted OPS+ (122), which is pretty remarkable after hitting a combined .242 with a .309 OBP and .358 slugging percentage during the previous two seasons.
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 5
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 76
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (76)