Sep 28, 2011, 9:51 PM EDT
And it’s not just about the awoken offense.
Cardinals ace Chris Carpenter has surrendered just two hits over six scoreless innings. He has eight strikeouts and has issued just one walk while throwing 56 of his 81 pitches for strikes.
The veteran right-hander has induced seven groundball outs and three via the sky. An ace-like performance, even against the Astros’ light-hitting lineup.
Houston has already turned things over to the bullpen.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 15
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 18
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 37
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)