Sep 28, 2011, 9:51 PM EDT
And it’s not just about the awoken offense.
Cardinals ace Chris Carpenter has surrendered just two hits over six scoreless innings. He has eight strikeouts and has issued just one walk while throwing 56 of his 81 pitches for strikes.
The veteran right-hander has induced seven groundball outs and three via the sky. An ace-like performance, even against the Astros’ light-hitting lineup.
Houston has already turned things over to the bullpen.
- The beauty of belief 0
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 27
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 14
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 67
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 15
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)