Sep 28, 2011, 8:19 PM EDT
Davis is playing third base in Wednesday night’s season finale against the Red Sox, just as he’s done for the majority of this month, but he’ll go under the knife within a week of the game’s conclusion.
The 25-year-old former top prospect batted just .265/.301/.398 with five home runs and 19 RBI across 206 plate appearances this season between the Rangers and O’s. But Davis is a .318/.375/.597 career minor-league hitter and may have a future as a big-league regular with Baltimore.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 63
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 62
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29