Sep 28, 2011, 8:19 PM EDT
Davis is playing third base in Wednesday night’s season finale against the Red Sox, just as he’s done for the majority of this month, but he’ll go under the knife within a week of the game’s conclusion.
The 25-year-old former top prospect batted just .265/.301/.398 with five home runs and 19 RBI across 206 plate appearances this season between the Rangers and O’s. But Davis is a .318/.375/.597 career minor-league hitter and may have a future as a big-league regular with Baltimore.
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 3
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 30
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 10
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 36
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)