Sep 28, 2011, 8:19 PM EST
Davis is playing third base in Wednesday night’s season finale against the Red Sox, just as he’s done for the majority of this month, but he’ll go under the knife within a week of the game’s conclusion.
The 25-year-old former top prospect batted just .265/.301/.398 with five home runs and 19 RBI across 206 plate appearances this season between the Rangers and O’s. But Davis is a .318/.375/.597 career minor-league hitter and may have a future as a big-league regular with Baltimore.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 14
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 59
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 25
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 38
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)