Sep 28, 2011, 8:19 PM EDT
Davis is playing third base in Wednesday night’s season finale against the Red Sox, just as he’s done for the majority of this month, but he’ll go under the knife within a week of the game’s conclusion.
The 25-year-old former top prospect batted just .265/.301/.398 with five home runs and 19 RBI across 206 plate appearances this season between the Rangers and O’s. But Davis is a .318/.375/.597 career minor-league hitter and may have a future as a big-league regular with Baltimore.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 2
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 4
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 83
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (85)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)