Sep 28, 2011, 10:05 PM EDT
Kimbrel remained in afterwards, but he was pulled after another walk, this one to Hunter Pence, loaded the bases. Kris Medlen, making just his second appearance back from Tommy John surgery, got Michael Martinez to pop-up to end the top of the ninth. Martinez previously entered the game as a pinch-runner for Ryan Howard.
The Braves will send up Brian McCann, Jason Heyward and maybe Jack Wilson in the bottom of the ninth. With the Cardinals up seven, the Braves will almost certainly have to win tonight in order to force a playoff.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 4
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 58
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (114)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?