Sep 28, 2011, 8:16 PM EDT
Joe Blanton got the start for Philadelphia tonight, but he was removed after allowing one run in two innings. Hamels, tuning up for his Game 3 start next week, struggled initially in what was his first major league relief appearance after 180 starts. He’s now given up nine homers this month after allowing just 10 in his first 26 starts.
The Phillies got their one run in the first before Tim Hudson settled down. Hudson is at 61 pitches through four innings.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 4
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)