Sep 28, 2011, 8:16 PM EDT
Joe Blanton got the start for Philadelphia tonight, but he was removed after allowing one run in two innings. Hamels, tuning up for his Game 3 start next week, struggled initially in what was his first major league relief appearance after 180 starts. He’s now given up nine homers this month after allowing just 10 in his first 26 starts.
The Phillies got their one run in the first before Tim Hudson settled down. Hudson is at 61 pitches through four innings.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 110
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 71
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 52
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (114)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)