Sep 28, 2011, 8:16 PM EST
Joe Blanton got the start for Philadelphia tonight, but he was removed after allowing one run in two innings. Hamels, tuning up for his Game 3 start next week, struggled initially in what was his first major league relief appearance after 180 starts. He’s now given up nine homers this month after allowing just 10 in his first 26 starts.
The Phillies got their one run in the first before Tim Hudson settled down. Hudson is at 61 pitches through four innings.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)