Sep 28, 2011, 8:16 PM EDT
Joe Blanton got the start for Philadelphia tonight, but he was removed after allowing one run in two innings. Hamels, tuning up for his Game 3 start next week, struggled initially in what was his first major league relief appearance after 180 starts. He’s now given up nine homers this month after allowing just 10 in his first 26 starts.
The Phillies got their one run in the first before Tim Hudson settled down. Hudson is at 61 pitches through four innings.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)