Sep 28, 2011, 7:57 PM EDT
Teixeira’s slam off David Price came on a 97-mph fastball. But while Price has his velocity, he hasn’t been sharp in throwing 59 pitches in two innings.
Fortunately for the Rays, this one is far from over. Dellin Betances walked two in the first inning, and the Yankees had Aaron Laffey up in the pen before their young right-hander settled down. There could be plenty of run-scoring tonight.
The Red Sox are currently up 1-0 on the Orioles in the third. If the Red Sox and Rays have differing results tonight, there will be no one-game playoff on Thursday.
- Rangers “now clear-cut favorites” for Cole Hamels 20
- Not so fast! Dodgers-Marlins trade for Mat Latos “could be falling apart” 56
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 56
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 46
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 53
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)