Sep 28, 2011, 7:57 PM EDT
Teixeira’s slam off David Price came on a 97-mph fastball. But while Price has his velocity, he hasn’t been sharp in throwing 59 pitches in two innings.
Fortunately for the Rays, this one is far from over. Dellin Betances walked two in the first inning, and the Yankees had Aaron Laffey up in the pen before their young right-hander settled down. There could be plenty of run-scoring tonight.
The Red Sox are currently up 1-0 on the Orioles in the third. If the Red Sox and Rays have differing results tonight, there will be no one-game playoff on Thursday.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 49
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (107)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (71)