Sep 28, 2011, 7:57 PM EDT
Teixeira’s slam off David Price came on a 97-mph fastball. But while Price has his velocity, he hasn’t been sharp in throwing 59 pitches in two innings.
Fortunately for the Rays, this one is far from over. Dellin Betances walked two in the first inning, and the Yankees had Aaron Laffey up in the pen before their young right-hander settled down. There could be plenty of run-scoring tonight.
The Red Sox are currently up 1-0 on the Orioles in the third. If the Red Sox and Rays have differing results tonight, there will be no one-game playoff on Thursday.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 41
- Joe Maddon shows us why limited instant replay and manager challenges are bad ideas 44
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore 65
- Apparently Miguel Cabrera’s 2013 has made his 2012 better somehow 55
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims