Sep 28, 2011, 7:57 PM EDT
Teixeira’s slam off David Price came on a 97-mph fastball. But while Price has his velocity, he hasn’t been sharp in throwing 59 pitches in two innings.
Fortunately for the Rays, this one is far from over. Dellin Betances walked two in the first inning, and the Yankees had Aaron Laffey up in the pen before their young right-hander settled down. There could be plenty of run-scoring tonight.
The Red Sox are currently up 1-0 on the Orioles in the third. If the Red Sox and Rays have differing results tonight, there will be no one-game playoff on Thursday.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 50
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)