Sep 28, 2011, 3:30 PM EST
And four more years in which I’ll always choose the other broadcast when it comes to watching White Sox games.
The team announced Wednesday that play-by-play guy Hawk Harrelson is getting a four-year extension to remain in the booth. On the job since 1990, Harrelson bring a unique blend of homerism and more homerism to White Sox broadcasts.
Harrelson is expected to continue working with Steve Stone, who replaced Darrin Jackson as the White Sox color commentator in 2009.
Now 70, Harrelson does need to pace himself, so his typical silences when the White Sox are behind in a game will likely get more prolonged.
At this point, one wonders if he’s just hanging on long enough to outlast Joe West so that he can give the argumentative umpire one last “he gone” before calling it a career.
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 10
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 34
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (379)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)