Sep 28, 2011, 3:30 PM EDT
And four more years in which I’ll always choose the other broadcast when it comes to watching White Sox games.
The team announced Wednesday that play-by-play guy Hawk Harrelson is getting a four-year extension to remain in the booth. On the job since 1990, Harrelson bring a unique blend of homerism and more homerism to White Sox broadcasts.
Harrelson is expected to continue working with Steve Stone, who replaced Darrin Jackson as the White Sox color commentator in 2009.
Now 70, Harrelson does need to pace himself, so his typical silences when the White Sox are behind in a game will likely get more prolonged.
At this point, one wonders if he’s just hanging on long enough to outlast Joe West so that he can give the argumentative umpire one last “he gone” before calling it a career.
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 22
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 15
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 78
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 53
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (280)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)