Sep 28, 2011, 12:48 PM EST
In the wake of Ozzie Guillen’s departure the White Sox signed pitching coach Don Cooper and first base coach Harold Baines to multi-year contract extensions, but hitting coach Greg Walker announced that he’ll step down following tonight’s game.
Walker has come under plenty of fire this year with the White Sox ranking 11th among AL teams in scoring while Adam Dunn and Alex Rios have historically inept seasons, and he reportedly had a “heated exchange” with general manager Ken Williams three weeks ago.
At the time Guillen gave Walker a vote of confidence–they’ve worked together since 2004–which of course means nothing now unless he plans to bring Walker with him to the Marlins.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 56
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 23
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 3
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 360
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (360)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)