Sep 28, 2011, 12:48 PM EDT
In the wake of Ozzie Guillen’s departure the White Sox signed pitching coach Don Cooper and first base coach Harold Baines to multi-year contract extensions, but hitting coach Greg Walker announced that he’ll step down following tonight’s game.
Walker has come under plenty of fire this year with the White Sox ranking 11th among AL teams in scoring while Adam Dunn and Alex Rios have historically inept seasons, and he reportedly had a “heated exchange” with general manager Ken Williams three weeks ago.
At the time Guillen gave Walker a vote of confidence–they’ve worked together since 2004–which of course means nothing now unless he plans to bring Walker with him to the Marlins.
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 32
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 15
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 69
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86