Sep 28, 2011, 12:48 PM EDT
In the wake of Ozzie Guillen’s departure the White Sox signed pitching coach Don Cooper and first base coach Harold Baines to multi-year contract extensions, but hitting coach Greg Walker announced that he’ll step down following tonight’s game.
Walker has come under plenty of fire this year with the White Sox ranking 11th among AL teams in scoring while Adam Dunn and Alex Rios have historically inept seasons, and he reportedly had a “heated exchange” with general manager Ken Williams three weeks ago.
At the time Guillen gave Walker a vote of confidence–they’ve worked together since 2004–which of course means nothing now unless he plans to bring Walker with him to the Marlins.
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)