Sep 28, 2011, 8:25 AM EDT
We haven’t done one of these in a while, but given how much stuff happened after you logged off your machine at work last night — don’t pretend that that’s not where you read most of your bloggy content — and given how few of you people seem to scroll back past the morning recaps, let’s catch up, shall we?
- Red Sox, Rays win, Cardinals win, Braves lose. Viva chaos. Here’s your preview of the chaos.
- Russell Martin hit into a 5-4-3 triple play, which is awesome. He was out at first when he slid into the first base bag, however, which is horrifying.
- Prince Fielder hit three bombs. He’s pretty good.
- The Mets picked up Terry Collins’ option for 2013. Quick poll: any of you Wally Backman deadenders from last winter still out there? Comments?
- Grady Sizemore to get a second opinion. Fine, you’re ugly too.
- The White Sox denied that report that they fired Joey Cora via text message. No word on whether AOL Instant Messenger was involved.
- Kenny Williams had offered his resignation to Jerry Reinsdorf. No word on whether he would have done it via text message.
- Michael Young started at shortstop for some damn reason.
- You can own Carlos Zambrano’s house. I think it’d be funny if you went to go view it and he had some vintage water cooler in his kitchen in pristine condition.
- Yovani Gallardo is getting the Game 1 start for the Brewers in the NLDS.
I’m going to be pretty much freaking out all day. How about you?
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 42
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 15
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 43
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Pats' Hernandez questioned in murder case
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut