Sep 28, 2011, 8:25 AM EDT
We haven’t done one of these in a while, but given how much stuff happened after you logged off your machine at work last night — don’t pretend that that’s not where you read most of your bloggy content — and given how few of you people seem to scroll back past the morning recaps, let’s catch up, shall we?
- Red Sox, Rays win, Cardinals win, Braves lose. Viva chaos. Here’s your preview of the chaos.
- Russell Martin hit into a 5-4-3 triple play, which is awesome. He was out at first when he slid into the first base bag, however, which is horrifying.
- Prince Fielder hit three bombs. He’s pretty good.
- The Mets picked up Terry Collins’ option for 2013. Quick poll: any of you Wally Backman deadenders from last winter still out there? Comments?
- Grady Sizemore to get a second opinion. Fine, you’re ugly too.
- The White Sox denied that report that they fired Joey Cora via text message. No word on whether AOL Instant Messenger was involved.
- Kenny Williams had offered his resignation to Jerry Reinsdorf. No word on whether he would have done it via text message.
- Michael Young started at shortstop for some damn reason.
- You can own Carlos Zambrano’s house. I think it’d be funny if you went to go view it and he had some vintage water cooler in his kitchen in pristine condition.
- Yovani Gallardo is getting the Game 1 start for the Brewers in the NLDS.
I’m going to be pretty much freaking out all day. How about you?
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69