Sep 28, 2011, 8:25 AM EDT
We haven’t done one of these in a while, but given how much stuff happened after you logged off your machine at work last night — don’t pretend that that’s not where you read most of your bloggy content — and given how few of you people seem to scroll back past the morning recaps, let’s catch up, shall we?
- Red Sox, Rays win, Cardinals win, Braves lose. Viva chaos. Here’s your preview of the chaos.
- Russell Martin hit into a 5-4-3 triple play, which is awesome. He was out at first when he slid into the first base bag, however, which is horrifying.
- Prince Fielder hit three bombs. He’s pretty good.
- The Mets picked up Terry Collins’ option for 2013. Quick poll: any of you Wally Backman deadenders from last winter still out there? Comments?
- Grady Sizemore to get a second opinion. Fine, you’re ugly too.
- The White Sox denied that report that they fired Joey Cora via text message. No word on whether AOL Instant Messenger was involved.
- Kenny Williams had offered his resignation to Jerry Reinsdorf. No word on whether he would have done it via text message.
- Michael Young started at shortstop for some damn reason.
- You can own Carlos Zambrano’s house. I think it’d be funny if you went to go view it and he had some vintage water cooler in his kitchen in pristine condition.
- Yovani Gallardo is getting the Game 1 start for the Brewers in the NLDS.
I’m going to be pretty much freaking out all day. How about you?
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 50
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 62
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 20
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)