Sep 28, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
Ian Kinsler went 3-for-5 with a double, a home run and a stolen base last night. The steal put him in the 30-30 club.
Four guys have made it into the 30-30 club this season: Kinsler, Matt Kemp, Ryan Braun and Jacoby Ellsbury. While Kinsler is having the “worst” season out of those four — not a slam considering the other three are MVP candidates — he has been the most successful on the base paths, being caught a mere three times.
On the year he’s at .256/.354/.469 with 77 driven in.
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 15
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59