Sep 28, 2011, 8:13 PM EDT
The Orioles have taken a 2-1 lead on the Red Sox on a two-run homer from J.J. Hardy in the third inning. It was Hardy’s 30th homer of the season.
Hardy is just the 16th different full-time shortstop in major league history to have a 30-homer season. It had been done 30 times, including seven by Alex Rodriguez and four times by Ernie Banks and Miguel Tejada. Troy Tulowitzki also hit 30 homers as a shortstop this year.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 21
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 60
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 18
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)