Sep 28, 2011, 8:13 PM EDT
The Orioles have taken a 2-1 lead on the Red Sox on a two-run homer from J.J. Hardy in the third inning. It was Hardy’s 30th homer of the season.
Hardy is just the 16th different full-time shortstop in major league history to have a 30-homer season. It had been done 30 times, including seven by Alex Rodriguez and four times by Ernie Banks and Miguel Tejada. Troy Tulowitzki also hit 30 homers as a shortstop this year.
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 0
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 67
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 11
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 26
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)