Sep 28, 2011, 8:13 PM EDT
The Orioles have taken a 2-1 lead on the Red Sox on a two-run homer from J.J. Hardy in the third inning. It was Hardy’s 30th homer of the season.
Hardy is just the 16th different full-time shortstop in major league history to have a 30-homer season. It had been done 30 times, including seven by Alex Rodriguez and four times by Ernie Banks and Miguel Tejada. Troy Tulowitzki also hit 30 homers as a shortstop this year.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 13
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 37
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 28
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 46
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)