Sep 28, 2011, 8:13 PM EDT
The Orioles have taken a 2-1 lead on the Red Sox on a two-run homer from J.J. Hardy in the third inning. It was Hardy’s 30th homer of the season.
Hardy is just the 16th different full-time shortstop in major league history to have a 30-homer season. It had been done 30 times, including seven by Alex Rodriguez and four times by Ernie Banks and Miguel Tejada. Troy Tulowitzki also hit 30 homers as a shortstop this year.
- Live: Preakness Stakes preview show
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- Day 1 of Indy 500 Qualifying
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- PFT: Teammate says Titus Young opened up to him