Sep 28, 2011, 9:40 AM EDT
I don’t mean that he’s having a bad week statistically speaking — though he kind of is — I mean that bad stuff is happening to him.
The other day he had to leave a game early when he was hit in the head with a pitch and subsequently suffered nausea. Last night he had to leave a game early — well, in the tenth inning anyway – after getting hit in the head when a ball he was trying to catch ricocheted off the wall. You can see it happen here.
The events allowed Dodgers catcher A.J. Ellis to reach third on a triple and to drive in two runs, making it a 6-1 game in the 10th. Of course, the Dbacks came back in a wild bottom half of the inning to win it, so that part of it is all good.
Not good: Arizona’s best hitter continually being pummeled about the noggin in the season’s last week.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 0
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 99
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 17
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 23
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39