Sep 28, 2011, 9:40 AM EST
I don’t mean that he’s having a bad week statistically speaking — though he kind of is — I mean that bad stuff is happening to him.
The other day he had to leave a game early when he was hit in the head with a pitch and subsequently suffered nausea. Last night he had to leave a game early — well, in the tenth inning anyway — after getting hit in the head when a ball he was trying to catch ricocheted off the wall. You can see it happen here.
The events allowed Dodgers catcher A.J. Ellis to reach third on a triple and to drive in two runs, making it a 6-1 game in the 10th. Of course, the Dbacks came back in a wild bottom half of the inning to win it, so that part of it is all good.
Not good: Arizona’s best hitter continually being pummeled about the noggin in the season’s last week.
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 77
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 41
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 16
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (86)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)