Sep 28, 2011, 9:40 AM EDT
I don’t mean that he’s having a bad week statistically speaking — though he kind of is — I mean that bad stuff is happening to him.
The other day he had to leave a game early when he was hit in the head with a pitch and subsequently suffered nausea. Last night he had to leave a game early — well, in the tenth inning anyway — after getting hit in the head when a ball he was trying to catch ricocheted off the wall. You can see it happen here.
The events allowed Dodgers catcher A.J. Ellis to reach third on a triple and to drive in two runs, making it a 6-1 game in the 10th. Of course, the Dbacks came back in a wild bottom half of the inning to win it, so that part of it is all good.
Not good: Arizona’s best hitter continually being pummeled about the noggin in the season’s last week.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)