Sep 28, 2011, 9:40 AM EDT
I don’t mean that he’s having a bad week statistically speaking — though he kind of is — I mean that bad stuff is happening to him.
The other day he had to leave a game early when he was hit in the head with a pitch and subsequently suffered nausea. Last night he had to leave a game early — well, in the tenth inning anyway — after getting hit in the head when a ball he was trying to catch ricocheted off the wall. You can see it happen here.
The events allowed Dodgers catcher A.J. Ellis to reach third on a triple and to drive in two runs, making it a 6-1 game in the 10th. Of course, the Dbacks came back in a wild bottom half of the inning to win it, so that part of it is all good.
Not good: Arizona’s best hitter continually being pummeled about the noggin in the season’s last week.
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 0
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 167
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (171)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)