Sep 28, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
That was fast.
Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald reports that the Marlins are going to announce Ozzie Guillen as their new manager today at 1PM. I presume that he may have something colorful to say during the press conference. Just a hunch.
I imagine no one cares, but it would have been nice for the Marlins to wait a day. Give Jack McKeon a nice sendoff after his final game as a manager after a long and pretty spiffy career. But hey, it’s the Marlins. They tend not to handle those kinds of optics very well.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 10
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 102
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 128
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (128)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (106)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)