Sep 28, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
That was fast.
Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald reports that the Marlins are going to announce Ozzie Guillen as their new manager today at 1PM. I presume that he may have something colorful to say during the press conference. Just a hunch.
I imagine no one cares, but it would have been nice for the Marlins to wait a day. Give Jack McKeon a nice sendoff after his final game as a manager after a long and pretty spiffy career. But hey, it’s the Marlins. They tend not to handle those kinds of optics very well.
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 0
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 5
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 19
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)