Sep 28, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
That was fast.
Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald reports that the Marlins are going to announce Ozzie Guillen as their new manager today at 1PM. I presume that he may have something colorful to say during the press conference. Just a hunch.
I imagine no one cares, but it would have been nice for the Marlins to wait a day. Give Jack McKeon a nice sendoff after his final game as a manager after a long and pretty spiffy career. But hey, it’s the Marlins. They tend not to handle those kinds of optics very well.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)