Sep 28, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
That was fast.
Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald reports that the Marlins are going to announce Ozzie Guillen as their new manager today at 1PM. I presume that he may have something colorful to say during the press conference. Just a hunch.
I imagine no one cares, but it would have been nice for the Marlins to wait a day. Give Jack McKeon a nice sendoff after his final game as a manager after a long and pretty spiffy career. But hey, it’s the Marlins. They tend not to handle those kinds of optics very well.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 220
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (220)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)