Sep 28, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
That was fast.
Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald reports that the Marlins are going to announce Ozzie Guillen as their new manager today at 1PM. I presume that he may have something colorful to say during the press conference. Just a hunch.
I imagine no one cares, but it would have been nice for the Marlins to wait a day. Give Jack McKeon a nice sendoff after his final game as a manager after a long and pretty spiffy career. But hey, it’s the Marlins. They tend not to handle those kinds of optics very well.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)