Sep 28, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
He’ll miss tonight’s must-win game against the Astros and manager Tony La Russa hinted that it could be a serious setback, saying: “It’s not good news.”
Holliday missed nine games earlier this month with an inflamed tendon in his hand and complained of soreness yesterday before trying unsuccessfully to play through the pain, lasting just a couple innings.
The good news for the Cardinals is that Holliday’s backup, Allen Craig, has been on fire recently and went 2-for-3 with a homer and four RBIs after replacing him in the third inning.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)