Sep 28, 2011, 1:20 PM EST
Ozzie Guillen will introduced as the Marlins’ new manager this afternoon and Joe Frisaro of MLB.com reports that his new contract will be a four-year, $10 million deal.
Guillen had just one season and $2 million remaining on his contract with the White Sox, so he gets a 25 percent raise and three additional years.
Frisaro writes that in addition to Joey Cora joining the Marlins as Guillen’s bench coach current Florida pitching coach Randy St. Claire and hitting coach Eduardo Perez will likely stick around, ruling out a Guillen-Greg Walker reunion.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 25
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 80
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 14
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 143
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (143)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)