Sep 28, 2011, 1:20 PM EDT
Ozzie Guillen will introduced as the Marlins’ new manager this afternoon and Joe Frisaro of MLB.com reports that his new contract will be a four-year, $10 million deal.
Guillen had just one season and $2 million remaining on his contract with the White Sox, so he gets a 25 percent raise and three additional years.
Frisaro writes that in addition to Joey Cora joining the Marlins as Guillen’s bench coach current Florida pitching coach Randy St. Claire and hitting coach Eduardo Perez will likely stick around, ruling out a Guillen-Greg Walker reunion.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 3
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 152
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (154)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)