Sep 28, 2011, 1:20 PM EDT
Ozzie Guillen will introduced as the Marlins’ new manager this afternoon and Joe Frisaro of MLB.com reports that his new contract will be a four-year, $10 million deal.
Guillen had just one season and $2 million remaining on his contract with the White Sox, so he gets a 25 percent raise and three additional years.
Frisaro writes that in addition to Joey Cora joining the Marlins as Guillen’s bench coach current Florida pitching coach Randy St. Claire and hitting coach Eduardo Perez will likely stick around, ruling out a Guillen-Greg Walker reunion.
- Mike Trout hits for cycle in Angels’ rout of Mariners 10
- Kevin Gausman will make Orioles debut on Thursday 4
- Cubs activate Matt Garza for first start in 10 months 0
- Thanks to Jeff Loria, Miami gets shut out of the Super Bowl 22
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. 116
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (116)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (104)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (73)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car