Sep 28, 2011, 1:20 PM EDT
Ozzie Guillen will introduced as the Marlins’ new manager this afternoon and Joe Frisaro of MLB.com reports that his new contract will be a four-year, $10 million deal.
Guillen had just one season and $2 million remaining on his contract with the White Sox, so he gets a 25 percent raise and three additional years.
Frisaro writes that in addition to Joey Cora joining the Marlins as Guillen’s bench coach current Florida pitching coach Randy St. Claire and hitting coach Eduardo Perez will likely stick around, ruling out a Guillen-Greg Walker reunion.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 21
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 171
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 70
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (172)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)