Sep 28, 2011, 1:20 PM EDT
Ozzie Guillen will introduced as the Marlins’ new manager this afternoon and Joe Frisaro of MLB.com reports that his new contract will be a four-year, $10 million deal.
Guillen had just one season and $2 million remaining on his contract with the White Sox, so he gets a 25 percent raise and three additional years.
Frisaro writes that in addition to Joey Cora joining the Marlins as Guillen’s bench coach current Florida pitching coach Randy St. Claire and hitting coach Eduardo Perez will likely stick around, ruling out a Guillen-Greg Walker reunion.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 90
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 64
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 50
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (92)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)