Sep 28, 2011, 3:15 PM EST
Charlie Manuel chose to play coy rather than make an official announcement regarding the Phillies’ playoff rotation, telling reporters: “I think if you’re good baseball people, you should be able to see how we’re setting it up.”
And he’s right.
Roy Halladay will start Game 1 of the NLDS in Philadelphia on Saturday, followed by Cliff Lee in Game 2 on Sunday. Cole Hamels is lined up to pitch Game 3 and Roy Oswalt is expected to get the Game 4 assignment, with Vance Worley working out of the bullpen.
Oswalt versus Worley was the only real decision for Manuel to make and Oswalt finished his regular season with six shutout innings against the Braves last night, lowering his ERA to 3.69.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)