Sep 28, 2011, 3:15 PM EDT
Charlie Manuel chose to play coy rather than make an official announcement regarding the Phillies’ playoff rotation, telling reporters: “I think if you’re good baseball people, you should be able to see how we’re setting it up.”
And he’s right.
Roy Halladay will start Game 1 of the NLDS in Philadelphia on Saturday, followed by Cliff Lee in Game 2 on Sunday. Cole Hamels is lined up to pitch Game 3 and Roy Oswalt is expected to get the Game 4 assignment, with Vance Worley working out of the bullpen.
Oswalt versus Worley was the only real decision for Manuel to make and Oswalt finished his regular season with six shutout innings against the Braves last night, lowering his ERA to 3.69.
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 0
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)