Sep 28, 2011, 1:02 AM EDT
It’s the ninth three-homer game this season and the third by a Brewer. Corey Hart hit three homers against the Nationals on May 23, and Casey McGehee had the season’s most recent three-homer game, pulling off the feat Aug. 3 against the Cardinals.
Fielder is now alone in second place in the NL with 120 RBI, four behind Kemp. He entered the day tied with Ryan Howard.
If Fielder can at least stay even with Kemp on Wednesday, he’d have his second NL home run crown. He led the league with 50 homers as a 23-year-old in 2007.
Fielder is also looking for his first .300 season. Tonight’s performance pushed his average up to .299.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)