Sep 28, 2011, 12:16 PM EST
Holland has struggled with consistency all season, turning in several clunkers in the middle of otherwise dominant stretches, but the 24-year-old left-hander went 16-5 with a 3.95 ERA and 162/67 K/BB ratio in 198 innings overall and led the league with four complete-game shutouts.
That includes a 6-1 record and 2.98 ERA in his final nine starts, which made me look good for choosing Holland as one of my breakout picks for this season. He was used out of the bullpen during the Rangers’ playoff run last season.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 56
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 23
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 3
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 360
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (363)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (77)