Sep 28, 2011, 12:16 PM EDT
Holland has struggled with consistency all season, turning in several clunkers in the middle of otherwise dominant stretches, but the 24-year-old left-hander went 16-5 with a 3.95 ERA and 162/67 K/BB ratio in 198 innings overall and led the league with four complete-game shutouts.
That includes a 6-1 record and 2.98 ERA in his final nine starts, which made me look good for choosing Holland as one of my breakout picks for this season. He was used out of the bullpen during the Rangers’ playoff run last season.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)