Sep 28, 2011, 12:16 PM EDT
Holland has struggled with consistency all season, turning in several clunkers in the middle of otherwise dominant stretches, but the 24-year-old left-hander went 16-5 with a 3.95 ERA and 162/67 K/BB ratio in 198 innings overall and led the league with four complete-game shutouts.
That includes a 6-1 record and 2.98 ERA in his final nine starts, which made me look good for choosing Holland as one of my breakout picks for this season. He was used out of the bullpen during the Rangers’ playoff run last season.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 2
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 4
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 83
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)