Sep 28, 2011, 12:16 PM EDT
Holland has struggled with consistency all season, turning in several clunkers in the middle of otherwise dominant stretches, but the 24-year-old left-hander went 16-5 with a 3.95 ERA and 162/67 K/BB ratio in 198 innings overall and led the league with four complete-game shutouts.
That includes a 6-1 record and 2.98 ERA in his final nine starts, which made me look good for choosing Holland as one of my breakout picks for this season. He was used out of the bullpen during the Rangers’ playoff run last season.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)