Sep 28, 2011, 12:16 PM EDT
Holland has struggled with consistency all season, turning in several clunkers in the middle of otherwise dominant stretches, but the 24-year-old left-hander went 16-5 with a 3.95 ERA and 162/67 K/BB ratio in 198 innings overall and led the league with four complete-game shutouts.
That includes a 6-1 record and 2.98 ERA in his final nine starts, which made me look good for choosing Holland as one of my breakout picks for this season. He was used out of the bullpen during the Rangers’ playoff run last season.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 6
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 117
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 28
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39