Sep 28, 2011, 11:33 AM EDT
Setting politics and plagiarism and hair plugs aside, Joe Biden is pretty awesome. He’s about the only person in high elected office who says stuff that sounds like it comes from a real human being’s mind rather than some calculation factory to which only politicians have access.
He swears. He makes dumb jokes. You get the sense that has a lot of fun being the vice president and that, if he weren’t the vice president, he could be that guy you used to live next door to back when you had the condo. The one you sort of liked seeing sometimes even if you were never really going to be friends with him. Great guy. What was his name again? Randy, I think? Or maybe it was Rick?
Anyway, Joe Biden is a Phillies fan, but he kinda sorta needs the Red Sox to win toight:
Vice President Joe Biden was in Boston yesterday and talked about why he was rooting for the Red Sox. Here’s the anecdote from the Globe’s Shira Schoenberg on our Political Intelligence blog:
Biden said his lead Secret Service man is from Boston. Before his plane landed, Biden said, “I said everyone bow their head. We’re going to say a prayer that Boston wins the wild card spot. … I’m worried if in fact they don’t, he’s going to be so damn miserable he will not jump in front of a bullet.”
Funny. If things go awry tonight you figure he may be more likely to jump in front of a bullet, but I suppose we all mourn our choking teams in our own way.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)