Sep 28, 2011, 11:33 AM EDT
Setting politics and plagiarism and hair plugs aside, Joe Biden is pretty awesome. He’s about the only person in high elected office who says stuff that sounds like it comes from a real human being’s mind rather than some calculation factory to which only politicians have access.
He swears. He makes dumb jokes. You get the sense that has a lot of fun being the vice president and that, if he weren’t the vice president, he could be that guy you used to live next door to back when you had the condo. The one you sort of liked seeing sometimes even if you were never really going to be friends with him. Great guy. What was his name again? Randy, I think? Or maybe it was Rick?
Anyway, Joe Biden is a Phillies fan, but he kinda sorta needs the Red Sox to win toight:
Vice President Joe Biden was in Boston yesterday and talked about why he was rooting for the Red Sox. Here’s the anecdote from the Globe’s Shira Schoenberg on our Political Intelligence blog:
Biden said his lead Secret Service man is from Boston. Before his plane landed, Biden said, “I said everyone bow their head. We’re going to say a prayer that Boston wins the wild card spot. … I’m worried if in fact they don’t, he’s going to be so damn miserable he will not jump in front of a bullet.”
Funny. If things go awry tonight you figure he may be more likely to jump in front of a bullet, but I suppose we all mourn our choking teams in our own way.
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 3
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 45
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 87
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)