Sep 28, 2011, 11:33 AM EDT
Setting politics and plagiarism and hair plugs aside, Joe Biden is pretty awesome. He’s about the only person in high elected office who says stuff that sounds like it comes from a real human being’s mind rather than some calculation factory to which only politicians have access.
He swears. He makes dumb jokes. You get the sense that has a lot of fun being the vice president and that, if he weren’t the vice president, he could be that guy you used to live next door to back when you had the condo. The one you sort of liked seeing sometimes even if you were never really going to be friends with him. Great guy. What was his name again? Randy, I think? Or maybe it was Rick?
Anyway, Joe Biden is a Phillies fan, but he kinda sorta needs the Red Sox to win toight:
Vice President Joe Biden was in Boston yesterday and talked about why he was rooting for the Red Sox. Here’s the anecdote from the Globe’s Shira Schoenberg on our Political Intelligence blog:
Biden said his lead Secret Service man is from Boston. Before his plane landed, Biden said, “I said everyone bow their head. We’re going to say a prayer that Boston wins the wild card spot. … I’m worried if in fact they don’t, he’s going to be so damn miserable he will not jump in front of a bullet.”
Funny. If things go awry tonight you figure he may be more likely to jump in front of a bullet, but I suppose we all mourn our choking teams in our own way.
- Nationals place Stephen Strasburg on the 15-day disabled list with neck tightness 2
- Jerry Dior, designer of MLB’s iconic logo, has passed away 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 112
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 16
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 77
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (114)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (85)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (77)