Sep 29, 2011, 11:33 AM EDT
This is not for the weak-of-stomach, at least in Boston and Atlanta. But it’s fantastic all the same.
From Sportsclubstats.com, they’re graphs representing the probability of reaching the playoffs throughout the season for both the Braves and the Red Sox. Yes, we all can intellectually understand just how swiftly each team snatched failure from the mouth of success, but it’s something else altogether to see it set forth with steep downward slopes like this.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 19
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 81
- The Lester trade is a win-win 109
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 163
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 92
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (163)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (123)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (109)