Sep 29, 2011, 11:33 AM EDT
This is not for the weak-of-stomach, at least in Boston and Atlanta. But it’s fantastic all the same.
From Sportsclubstats.com, they’re graphs representing the probability of reaching the playoffs throughout the season for both the Braves and the Red Sox. Yes, we all can intellectually understand just how swiftly each team snatched failure from the mouth of success, but it’s something else altogether to see it set forth with steep downward slopes like this.
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 4
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 20
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 88
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)