Sep 29, 2011, 6:20 PM EDT
Athletics GM Billy Beane said Thursday that word should come down “very soon” from the commissioner’s office on whether the A’s will be allowed to move to San Jose.
Reports have indicated that the team is in a spending freeze while waiting to hear about the future. If something is worked out that allows the A’s to move from Oakland to San Jose, Beane might have more money to play with when it comes to re-signing free agents like Josh Willingham, Coco Crisp, Hideki Matsui and Rich Harden this winter.
Beane also made it clear today that he’s only thinking about his future with the A’s and not the opening in Chicago with the Cubs.
“I have a little trip planned but I will be here,” he said.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 3
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 31
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 44
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 28
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 46
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)