Sep 29, 2011, 6:20 PM EDT
Athletics GM Billy Beane said Thursday that word should come down “very soon” from the commissioner’s office on whether the A’s will be allowed to move to San Jose.
Reports have indicated that the team is in a spending freeze while waiting to hear about the future. If something is worked out that allows the A’s to move from Oakland to San Jose, Beane might have more money to play with when it comes to re-signing free agents like Josh Willingham, Coco Crisp, Hideki Matsui and Rich Harden this winter.
Beane also made it clear today that he’s only thinking about his future with the A’s and not the opening in Chicago with the Cubs.
“I have a little trip planned but I will be here,” he said.
- Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- PFT: Brady says he's 'never felt better' throwing the ball
- PHT: Stalberg returns to Hawks' lineup for Game 3
- PHT: Hawks look to boost intensity vs. Wings
- HBT: Dodgers manager Mattingly could be on the hot seat
- OlyTalk: Pistorius rules out racing in 2013
- Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1