Sep 29, 2011, 10:51 PM EST
Just in time for the start of the offseason.
Big Z, you might remember, was suspended indefinitely in mid-August after walking out on his Cubs teammates following a blowout loss to the Braves. He later apologized for his actions, but the Cubs did not invite him back and are expected to shop him on the trade market this winter.
Zambrano, 30, posted a disappointing 4.82 ERA and 1.44 WHIP in 24 starts this season, striking out only 101 batters and walking 56 over 145 2/3 innings.
He’s owed $18 million in 2012, which is going to make him incredibly tough to move.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)