Sep 29, 2011, 10:51 PM EDT
Just in time for the start of the offseason.
Big Z, you might remember, was suspended indefinitely in mid-August after walking out on his Cubs teammates following a blowout loss to the Braves. He later apologized for his actions, but the Cubs did not invite him back and are expected to shop him on the trade market this winter.
Zambrano, 30, posted a disappointing 4.82 ERA and 1.44 WHIP in 24 starts this season, striking out only 101 batters and walking 56 over 145 2/3 innings.
He’s owed $18 million in 2012, which is going to make him incredibly tough to move.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 6
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 25
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)