Sep 29, 2011, 10:51 PM EST
Just in time for the start of the offseason.
Big Z, you might remember, was suspended indefinitely in mid-August after walking out on his Cubs teammates following a blowout loss to the Braves. He later apologized for his actions, but the Cubs did not invite him back and are expected to shop him on the trade market this winter.
Zambrano, 30, posted a disappointing 4.82 ERA and 1.44 WHIP in 24 starts this season, striking out only 101 batters and walking 56 over 145 2/3 innings.
He’s owed $18 million in 2012, which is going to make him incredibly tough to move.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 137
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 31
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (148)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)