Sep 29, 2011, 10:51 PM EDT
Just in time for the start of the offseason.
Big Z, you might remember, was suspended indefinitely in mid-August after walking out on his Cubs teammates following a blowout loss to the Braves. He later apologized for his actions, but the Cubs did not invite him back and are expected to shop him on the trade market this winter.
Zambrano, 30, posted a disappointing 4.82 ERA and 1.44 WHIP in 24 starts this season, striking out only 101 batters and walking 56 over 145 2/3 innings.
He’s owed $18 million in 2012, which is going to make him incredibly tough to move.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (90)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)