Sep 29, 2011, 10:51 PM EDT
Just in time for the start of the offseason.
Big Z, you might remember, was suspended indefinitely in mid-August after walking out on his Cubs teammates following a blowout loss to the Braves. He later apologized for his actions, but the Cubs did not invite him back and are expected to shop him on the trade market this winter.
Zambrano, 30, posted a disappointing 4.82 ERA and 1.44 WHIP in 24 starts this season, striking out only 101 batters and walking 56 over 145 2/3 innings.
He’s owed $18 million in 2012, which is going to make him incredibly tough to move.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69