Sep 29, 2011, 8:45 PM EDT
The procedure, which has been scheduled since the start of spring training, will involve the removal of a stabilizing screw that was inserted into Pedroia’s foot 13 months ago. He should be recovered within a couple of weeks and won’t need to make alterations to his regular offseason training regimen.
Pedroia, 28, posted a fantastic .307/.387/.474 batting line with 21 home runs, 31 doubles, three triples, 91 RBI and 26 stolen bases across 731 plate appearances this season for the third-place Sawx. The home run, RBI and stolen base totals were all career highs.
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 75
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (89)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)