Sep 29, 2011, 8:45 PM EDT
The procedure, which has been scheduled since the start of spring training, will involve the removal of a stabilizing screw that was inserted into Pedroia’s foot 13 months ago. He should be recovered within a couple of weeks and won’t need to make alterations to his regular offseason training regimen.
Pedroia, 28, posted a fantastic .307/.387/.474 batting line with 21 home runs, 31 doubles, three triples, 91 RBI and 26 stolen bases across 731 plate appearances this season for the third-place Sawx. The home run, RBI and stolen base totals were all career highs.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (134)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)