Sep 29, 2011, 8:45 PM EDT
The procedure, which has been scheduled since the start of spring training, will involve the removal of a stabilizing screw that was inserted into Pedroia’s foot 13 months ago. He should be recovered within a couple of weeks and won’t need to make alterations to his regular offseason training regimen.
Pedroia, 28, posted a fantastic .307/.387/.474 batting line with 21 home runs, 31 doubles, three triples, 91 RBI and 26 stolen bases across 731 plate appearances this season for the third-place Sawx. The home run, RBI and stolen base totals were all career highs.
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 7
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 22
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 38
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (187)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)