Sep 29, 2011, 8:45 PM EST
The procedure, which has been scheduled since the start of spring training, will involve the removal of a stabilizing screw that was inserted into Pedroia’s foot 13 months ago. He should be recovered within a couple of weeks and won’t need to make alterations to his regular offseason training regimen.
Pedroia, 28, posted a fantastic .307/.387/.474 batting line with 21 home runs, 31 doubles, three triples, 91 RBI and 26 stolen bases across 731 plate appearances this season for the third-place Sawx. The home run, RBI and stolen base totals were all career highs.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (202)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)