Sep 29, 2011, 8:45 PM EDT
The procedure, which has been scheduled since the start of spring training, will involve the removal of a stabilizing screw that was inserted into Pedroia’s foot 13 months ago. He should be recovered within a couple of weeks and won’t need to make alterations to his regular offseason training regimen.
Pedroia, 28, posted a fantastic .307/.387/.474 batting line with 21 home runs, 31 doubles, three triples, 91 RBI and 26 stolen bases across 731 plate appearances this season for the third-place Sawx. The home run, RBI and stolen base totals were all career highs.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 8
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 22
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 34
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)