Sep 29, 2011, 5:00 PM EST
On this day of rest, let us take a sneak peak at what basically every post on HBT will look like between November and February:
Andrew Baggarly reports that Brian Sabean and Bruce Bochy have already reached out to Scott Boras “to let him know the Giants are very much interested” in re-signing Carlos Beltran. Baggarly doesn’t think the Giants can outbid a team willing to go big with Beltran — and of course a Boras client is going to test the market — but that there is mutual interest in getting a deal done at present.
Oh, and from the same column, here’s a sneak preview for next February:
“[Aubrey] Huff was out of shape. He told Bochy he was embarrassed. And he won’t get the same rope next season. He’ll have to be ready to play the outfield, too. “Aubrey knows it’s going to be different. That can’t happen again or you’ve got to make changes,” Bochy said.”
I think I’ll write my “Aubrey Huff is in the best shape of his life” post now and post-date it for the start of spring training.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 44
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 32
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 50
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)