Sep 29, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
On this day of rest, let us take a sneak peak at what basically every post on HBT will look like between November and February:
Andrew Baggarly reports that Brian Sabean and Bruce Bochy have already reached out to Scott Boras “to let him know the Giants are very much interested” in re-signing Carlos Beltran. Baggarly doesn’t think the Giants can outbid a team willing to go big with Beltran — and of course a Boras client is going to test the market — but that there is mutual interest in getting a deal done at present.
Oh, and from the same column, here’s a sneak preview for next February:
“[Aubrey] Huff was out of shape. He told Bochy he was embarrassed. And he won’t get the same rope next season. He’ll have to be ready to play the outfield, too. “Aubrey knows it’s going to be different. That can’t happen again or you’ve got to make changes,” Bochy said.”
I think I’ll write my “Aubrey Huff is in the best shape of his life” post now and post-date it for the start of spring training.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)