Sep 29, 2011, 9:15 AM EDT
It’s hard to convey just how frantic and awesome last night’s baseball action was. I was lucky: I had the full-immersion thing happening, with a TV next to my computer monitor, switching between three games while on Twitter, cell phone by my side while half the world texted me. Total, fabulous overload.
If you weren’t as plugged-in as me (a) you have a life, congratulations; and (b) you probably don’t have the same sense of the pace of the evening. In which case you should click over to this minute-by-minute breakdown over at ESPN.com.
It’s not highlights or descriptions of the drama in purple prose. Just a list with times. With a little imagination it’s captured pretty darn well.
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 5
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 33
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 9
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 71
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 52
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (262)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)