Sep 30, 2011, 5:00 PM EST
Doesn’t it seem like Wednesday night was about three weeks ago? One day without baseball is a lifetime. Anyway, let’s hope the march to the World Series can be half as good as the appetizer.
We’ll get the playoff schedule started this afternoon with a live chat of Game 1 of the ALDS between the Rays and Rangers. Because, really, you have nothing else better to do right now.
Matt Moore (1-0, 2.89 ERA, 15/3 K/BB ratio over 9 1/3 innings) gets the call for the Rays in what will be just his second major league start. Meanwhile, C.J. Wilson (16-7, 2.94 ERA, 206/74 K/BB ratio over 223 1/3 innings) will toe the rubber for the defending American League Champion Rangers.
Looking for lineups? We have you covered right here.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 4
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 291
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (291)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)