Sep 30, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
Doesn’t it seem like Wednesday night was about three weeks ago? One day without baseball is a lifetime. Anyway, let’s hope the march to the World Series can be half as good as the appetizer.
We’ll get the playoff schedule started this afternoon with a live chat of Game 1 of the ALDS between the Rays and Rangers. Because, really, you have nothing else better to do right now.
Matt Moore (1-0, 2.89 ERA, 15/3 K/BB ratio over 9 1/3 innings) gets the call for the Rays in what will be just his second major league start. Meanwhile, C.J. Wilson (16-7, 2.94 ERA, 206/74 K/BB ratio over 223 1/3 innings) will toe the rubber for the defending American League Champion Rangers.
Looking for lineups? We have you covered right here.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 3
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 13
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 15
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)