Sep 30, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
Doesn’t it seem like Wednesday night was about three weeks ago? One day without baseball is a lifetime. Anyway, let’s hope the march to the World Series can be half as good as the appetizer.
We’ll get the playoff schedule started this afternoon with a live chat of Game 1 of the ALDS between the Rays and Rangers. Because, really, you have nothing else better to do right now.
Matt Moore (1-0, 2.89 ERA, 15/3 K/BB ratio over 9 1/3 innings) gets the call for the Rays in what will be just his second major league start. Meanwhile, C.J. Wilson (16-7, 2.94 ERA, 206/74 K/BB ratio over 223 1/3 innings) will toe the rubber for the defending American League Champion Rangers.
Looking for lineups? We have you covered right here.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 7
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 8
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (109)