Sep 30, 2011, 5:00 PM EST
Doesn’t it seem like Wednesday night was about three weeks ago? One day without baseball is a lifetime. Anyway, let’s hope the march to the World Series can be half as good as the appetizer.
We’ll get the playoff schedule started this afternoon with a live chat of Game 1 of the ALDS between the Rays and Rangers. Because, really, you have nothing else better to do right now.
Matt Moore (1-0, 2.89 ERA, 15/3 K/BB ratio over 9 1/3 innings) gets the call for the Rays in what will be just his second major league start. Meanwhile, C.J. Wilson (16-7, 2.94 ERA, 206/74 K/BB ratio over 223 1/3 innings) will toe the rubber for the defending American League Champion Rangers.
Looking for lineups? We have you covered right here.
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 31
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 37
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 20
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)