Sep 30, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
Doesn’t it seem like Wednesday night was about three weeks ago? One day without baseball is a lifetime. Anyway, let’s hope the march to the World Series can be half as good as the appetizer.
We’ll get the playoff schedule started this afternoon with a live chat of Game 1 of the ALDS between the Rays and Rangers. Because, really, you have nothing else better to do right now.
Matt Moore (1-0, 2.89 ERA, 15/3 K/BB ratio over 9 1/3 innings) gets the call for the Rays in what will be just his second major league start. Meanwhile, C.J. Wilson (16-7, 2.94 ERA, 206/74 K/BB ratio over 223 1/3 innings) will toe the rubber for the defending American League Champion Rangers.
Looking for lineups? We have you covered right here.
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 43
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 33
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 19
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (221)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (75)