ALDS Rays-Rangers Game 1 Live Chat

Sep 30, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT

DT Crymes, Shawn Darwin

Doesn’t it seem like Wednesday night was about three weeks ago? One day without baseball is a lifetime. Anyway, let’s hope the march to the World Series can be half as good as the appetizer.

We’ll get the playoff schedule started this afternoon with a live chat of Game 1 of the ALDS between the Rays and Rangers. Because, really, you have nothing else better to do right now.

Matt Moore (1-0, 2.89 ERA, 15/3 K/BB ratio over 9 1/3 innings) gets the call for the Rays in what will be just his second major league start. Meanwhile, C.J. Wilson (16-7, 2.94 ERA, 206/74 K/BB ratio over 223 1/3 innings) will toe the rubber for the defending American League Champion Rangers.

Looking for lineups? We have you covered right here.

1. urteamsux52 - Sep 30, 2011 at 5:44 PM

GO RAYS THIS JUST HELPS MOORE OUT RESTING SEEING WILSON STRUGGLE AS ROOCKIE ALWAYS GOOD TO SEE THE BETTER STRUGGLE HELPS OUT ALOT AS ALL KNOW WHEN YOU COMPETE TO SEE THE BETTER STRUGGLE

2. halladaysbiceps - Sep 30, 2011 at 5:47 PM

I’m pulling for the Rays in this series. Looks like they jumped out to a 3-0 lead. Lets go Rays!!!

3. halladaysbiceps - Sep 30, 2011 at 5:49 PM

Johnny Damon is a beast come playoff time. Clutch player.

• churchoftheperpetuallyoutraged - Sep 30, 2011 at 5:53 PM

Welcome back!

• halladaysbiceps - Sep 30, 2011 at 5:56 PM

Thanks. I couldn’t sit back and let these Cards fans trash my team. I cannot allow it. The Bicepts doesn’t abide.

• churchoftheperpetuallyoutraged - Sep 30, 2011 at 6:02 PM

Not going to lie, I normally can’t stand people who talk in the third person (unless you are rickey henderson), but something about “the bicepts” makes me laugh so continue on.

As for the cards, really don’t see them putting up much of a fight as long as you guys hit. Now MIL on the other hand, that could be a lot of fun.

• halladaysbiceps - Sep 30, 2011 at 6:08 PM

Church,

The way I look at it, the Cardinals are outmatched in every facet of the series. Starting pitching depth, bullpen, offensively now that the Phils moved Utley to 2nd in the order, bench, etc. The Phillies would have to give this series away to lose it. It won’t happen. Zero chance.

• hittfamily - Sep 30, 2011 at 6:18 PM

welcome back dude. Missed your posts. Glad you are a Rays fan. Matt Moore is freaking money!!

• halladaysbiceps - Sep 30, 2011 at 6:24 PM

Matt Moore has moxie. The rookie looks great out there. I pull for them in this series because of Joe Maddon and their 40 million dollar payroll.

Joe Maddon is a local boy from Hazelton, PA.

• churchoftheperpetuallyoutraged - Sep 30, 2011 at 6:30 PM

Yeah, you guys definitely outclass them at each position. But so much can happen (see last games of the season). No one thought the Giants would win last year either =\

• halladaysbiceps - Sep 30, 2011 at 6:32 PM

Church, I agree 100%. That’s why they play the games. Never know what will happen in a short series.

4. urteamsux52 - Sep 30, 2011 at 6:01 PM

cards vs rays i placed that bet in january at mgm grand the other night felt i won the bet them both making it as wild card thought cards were better then they played go rays bunting second in second inning yes another homer

• halladaysbiceps - Sep 30, 2011 at 6:04 PM

Let’s not get crazy. Cards vs. Rays in WS? Are you joking? Rays have gotten out to a great 6-0 lead in this game. But, don’t be delusional.

• Francisco (FC) - Sep 30, 2011 at 6:21 PM

Aaaaand He’s Back.

• hittfamily - Sep 30, 2011 at 6:38 PM

I think the Rays making the Series is far more likely that the Cards. The Rays have the best pitching in the AL, and with some offense like toninght’s outburst, there is no reaon they can’t advance.

• halladaysbiceps - Sep 30, 2011 at 6:44 PM

hittfamily,

I agree. The whole AL is wide-open. Tampa has a good chance to get to the WS. However, the NL is pretty one-sided. The Phillies are clearly the team to beat.

5. halladaysbiceps - Sep 30, 2011 at 6:29 PM

John Hamilton isn’t the brightest of baserunners, is he?

• halladaysbiceps - Sep 30, 2011 at 6:30 PM

***Damnit! Josh Hamilton, not John Hamilton.

• cur68 - Sep 30, 2011 at 6:39 PM

HB. Knew you’d be back. Joining us in the live chat? No thumbs on that thing, y’know.

• halladaysbiceps - Sep 30, 2011 at 6:42 PM

Nah, cur. Live chat is not my thing. I like to discuss in depth. I use twitter to chat.

6. halladaysbiceps - Sep 30, 2011 at 6:46 PM

Kelly Shoppach is hitting out of his mind. 8-0. Damn, time for CJ Wilson to go bye-bye.

• hittfamily - Sep 30, 2011 at 6:56 PM

If someone said it was 8-0 in the fifth, I’d ask why Joe Maddon left Matt Moore out there so long. I never pictured this. Through his first 10 innings as a starter, he hasnt given up a run yet. This kid will be a fun one to watch for a long time.

• halladaysbiceps - Sep 30, 2011 at 6:59 PM

Game 1 is very important in a 5 game series. You win this game, you have a real good chance of wining the series. I like Tampa and everything. But, as a Phillies fan, I will tell you that I want the Yankees in the WS. The Phillies need some 2009 payback. No offense.

• hittfamily - Sep 30, 2011 at 7:03 PM

Especially with Tampa going 1-2-3 against the Rangers 2-3-4 pitchers the rest of the way. This is really set up well for the Rays now.

I want so payback for ’08, so I hope to see you there.

7. schlom - Sep 30, 2011 at 7:08 PM

Why doesn’t Hamilton just take himself out of the game to protect his perfect batting average? That seems better than bunting down 8 runs.

• halladaysbiceps - Sep 30, 2011 at 7:12 PM

Dumbest shit I ever saw. Power hitter bunting down 8-0. He already had a double earlier off Moore. ???

Do the Angels have any weaknesses?
  1. G. Stanton (3795)