Sep 30, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
I’m not going to say they’re related or anything, but the fact is that there have been a LOT of alcohol-related incidents in and around the St. Louis Cardinals over the past several years. The latest: broadcaster Dan McLaughlin, who does Cardinals play-by-play for FOX Sports Midwest, was arrested on Sunday for driving while intoxicated. The report says he caused a single-car accident but that no one was hurt.
This is not McLaughlin’s first such arrest. He is apparently still on probation from an incident that occurred a year ago. So, no, the judge ain’t gonna like this. He has also been suspended from his job, though given that FSM won’t have any Cardinals games until next spring, it’s not clear how long this will last or if he’ll miss air time.
Anyway, there’s a lesson in all of this: don’t be a dumbass, people. Really. It’s not that hard.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 77
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 45
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 26
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)