Sep 30, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
I’m not going to say they’re related or anything, but the fact is that there have been a LOT of alcohol-related incidents in and around the St. Louis Cardinals over the past several years. The latest: broadcaster Dan McLaughlin, who does Cardinals play-by-play for FOX Sports Midwest, was arrested on Sunday for driving while intoxicated. The report says he caused a single-car accident but that no one was hurt.
This is not McLaughlin’s first such arrest. He is apparently still on probation from an incident that occurred a year ago. So, no, the judge ain’t gonna like this. He has also been suspended from his job, though given that FSM won’t have any Cardinals games until next spring, it’s not clear how long this will last or if he’ll miss air time.
Anyway, there’s a lesson in all of this: don’t be a dumbass, people. Really. It’s not that hard.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (131)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)