Sep 30, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
I’m not going to say they’re related or anything, but the fact is that there have been a LOT of alcohol-related incidents in and around the St. Louis Cardinals over the past several years. The latest: broadcaster Dan McLaughlin, who does Cardinals play-by-play for FOX Sports Midwest, was arrested on Sunday for driving while intoxicated. The report says he caused a single-car accident but that no one was hurt.
This is not McLaughlin’s first such arrest. He is apparently still on probation from an incident that occurred a year ago. So, no, the judge ain’t gonna like this. He has also been suspended from his job, though given that FSM won’t have any Cardinals games until next spring, it’s not clear how long this will last or if he’ll miss air time.
Anyway, there’s a lesson in all of this: don’t be a dumbass, people. Really. It’s not that hard.
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 29
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 16
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 6
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 31
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)