Must-click link: a map of playoff rooting interests

Sep 30, 2011, 1:30 PM EDT

Click Here large

The geniuses behind Interpreted by Design have created a map representing who is rooting for whom in the 2011 playoffs.

It’s pretty much genius. Mostly because it’s about 100% accurate.

1. Chris Fiorentino - Sep 30, 2011 at 1:44 PM

“Fox Television”

Awesome.

• phillyfrank - Sep 30, 2011 at 3:00 PM

The forgot to add ESPN.

2. kopy - Sep 30, 2011 at 1:51 PM

Boy, the west coast really got hosed this year, and this map does a good job of showing it. The only thing that would have been worse is if Colorado got in over Arizona.

Laverne and Shirley is a good touch, but I will be joining them with my rooting interests. It seems like there are a lot of mainstream media people that agree with me that it’s easy for a neutral party to find reasons why it’d be fun to see the Brewers succeed.

• paperlions - Sep 30, 2011 at 2:17 PM

If the Cardinals lose, I’ll be rooting for the Brewers….and for TB in the AL

• umrguy42 - Sep 30, 2011 at 3:51 PM

Having worked in Milwaukee (and dealing with plenty of friends and co-workers with whom I have a friendly rivalry), I am unable to root for the Brew Crew if the Cards go out. Might go D’backs, could do either TB or Detroit in the AL. Think my worst-case scenario is a MIL-NYY World Series, cuz normally it’s “anyone but the Yanks (or Sox)” for me :p

3. sgtr0c - Sep 30, 2011 at 2:03 PM

It also accurately shows where Craig’s income comes from, all the small areas. You could erase all the dumb jokes and write, they click here and here….. and on the St Louis symbol, it woulld say, nothing…..

• flapjack3285 - Sep 30, 2011 at 2:17 PM

Give English a try sometime.

• sportsdrenched.com - Sep 30, 2011 at 2:40 PM

We maybe nothin’ but a bunch of hayseeds out here on the prairie…but at least we knows some english.

4. stackers1 - Sep 30, 2011 at 2:36 PM

It may be football season in Texas, but I bet old George W. will be watching the Rangers.

5. sportsdrenched.com - Sep 30, 2011 at 2:38 PM

This brings up a good question? Who should I bandwagon?

I’m leaning toward the Rays. Good freind in college is a season ticket holder. I’ve been to a few games at the Trop even if it’s a dump. And I’m reading The Extra 2% right now.

• oikosjeremy - Sep 30, 2011 at 2:46 PM

Your question is answered here:

6. foreverchipper10 - Sep 30, 2011 at 3:59 PM

This……is awesome.

7. sportsinhd - Sep 30, 2011 at 4:25 PM

Funny, but seriously wrong about the Upper Peninsula in Michigan. Most of those people are Packer fans, I have to believe they’ll probably be rooting for The Brewers too and not the Tigers.

8. macjacmccoy - Sep 30, 2011 at 6:20 PM

Maybe this map will finally convince those cry babies from the west that there’s no such thing as East Coast Bias or at the very least they have blown it way out of proportion.

Its not the media’s fault that every team west of the Mississippi sucks and cant make it to the post season. Their job is to report on whats going on in the sport and like it or not the East is where thats happening.

Can Angels recoup loss of Richards?
  1. R. Castillo (4724)