Sep 30, 2011, 6:22 PM EDT
Because beer and baseball go hand in hand… and not just in the Boston clubhouse.
Philadelphia mayor Michael Nutter and St. Louis mayor Francis Slay have made a friendly wager on the results of their teams’ NLDS series.
Nutter is putting up beer from several local microbreweries against the St. Louis-based Budweiser being offered by Slay.
Which seems fair, given that the Phillies are overwhelming favorites in the series. Slay certainly wasn’t going to risk the good stuff.
On a more sober note, couldn’t the mayors have found another commodity to play up? The Cardinals had a pitcher die drunk driving four years ago, their manager has a DUI offense on his record and their play-by-play guy just got his second DWI over the weekend.
- Miguel Cabrera home run Gif > Yu Darvish pitches Gif 20
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 59
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights