Sep 30, 2011, 2:48 PM EST
Rob Biertempfel of the Pittsburgh Tribune Review has a roundup of the Pirates’ various contract-related decisions heading into the offseason and speculates that the team will not exercise 2012 options on Ryan Doumit, Chris Snyder, and Paul Maholm.
That trio would earn a total of $23.75 million in 2012 if the options were all picked up, but the Pirates can buy them out for a combined $2 million instead.
Biertempfel writes that Ross Ohlendorf is also unlikely to be back, as he expects to Pirates to non-tender the right-hander rather than taking him through the arbitration process for a second time at around $2.5 million
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (86)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)