Sep 30, 2011, 12:16 PM EDT
As expected, the Rangers have decided to keep three catchers on their 25-man roster for the playoffs, which means Matt Treanor will have a bench role behind Mike Napoli and Yorvit Torrealba on the depth chart.
Scott Feldman made the roster as the final reliever, although given Texas’ bullpen depth–and news that Alexi Ogando will spend the postseason relieving rather than starting–it’s tough to see him doing much more than mopping up.
Esteban German also made the roster as a utility man, which gives the Rangers a little defensive flexibility and some speed off the bench.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 2
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 33
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 28
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 44
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)