Sep 30, 2011, 12:16 PM EST
As expected, the Rangers have decided to keep three catchers on their 25-man roster for the playoffs, which means Matt Treanor will have a bench role behind Mike Napoli and Yorvit Torrealba on the depth chart.
Scott Feldman made the roster as the final reliever, although given Texas’ bullpen depth–and news that Alexi Ogando will spend the postseason relieving rather than starting–it’s tough to see him doing much more than mopping up.
Esteban German also made the roster as a utility man, which gives the Rangers a little defensive flexibility and some speed off the bench.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)