Sep 30, 2011, 12:16 PM EST
As expected, the Rangers have decided to keep three catchers on their 25-man roster for the playoffs, which means Matt Treanor will have a bench role behind Mike Napoli and Yorvit Torrealba on the depth chart.
Scott Feldman made the roster as the final reliever, although given Texas’ bullpen depth–and news that Alexi Ogando will spend the postseason relieving rather than starting–it’s tough to see him doing much more than mopping up.
Esteban German also made the roster as a utility man, which gives the Rangers a little defensive flexibility and some speed off the bench.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 82
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 47
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 31
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)