Sep 30, 2011, 12:16 PM EDT
As expected, the Rangers have decided to keep three catchers on their 25-man roster for the playoffs, which means Matt Treanor will have a bench role behind Mike Napoli and Yorvit Torrealba on the depth chart.
Scott Feldman made the roster as the final reliever, although given Texas’ bullpen depth–and news that Alexi Ogando will spend the postseason relieving rather than starting–it’s tough to see him doing much more than mopping up.
Esteban German also made the roster as a utility man, which gives the Rangers a little defensive flexibility and some speed off the bench.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 51
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)