Sep 30, 2011, 6:32 PM EDT
WBZ NewsRadio’s Mike Macklin reports that he witnessed Red Sox owner John Henry getting into an ambulance wearing a neck brace after being helped off his yacht.
Red Sox president Larry Lucchino said Henry was involved in a minor accident in his yacht but was OK. Henry was reportedly on his way to the hospital as of 6 p.m. EDT.
Henry was part of a joint statement earlier Friday regarding Terry Francona’s departure as Red Sox manager. He was expected to be a part of a press conference scheduled for 8:15 this evening, but that might be off now.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)