Sep 30, 2011, 6:32 PM EDT
WBZ NewsRadio’s Mike Macklin reports that he witnessed Red Sox owner John Henry getting into an ambulance wearing a neck brace after being helped off his yacht.
Red Sox president Larry Lucchino said Henry was involved in a minor accident in his yacht but was OK. Henry was reportedly on his way to the hospital as of 6 p.m. EDT.
Henry was part of a joint statement earlier Friday regarding Terry Francona’s departure as Red Sox manager. He was expected to be a part of a press conference scheduled for 8:15 this evening, but that might be off now.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 22
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 28
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 44
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)