Sep 30, 2011, 6:32 PM EST
WBZ NewsRadio’s Mike Macklin reports that he witnessed Red Sox owner John Henry getting into an ambulance wearing a neck brace after being helped off his yacht.
Red Sox president Larry Lucchino said Henry was involved in a minor accident in his yacht but was OK. Henry was reportedly on his way to the hospital as of 6 p.m. EDT.
Henry was part of a joint statement earlier Friday regarding Terry Francona’s departure as Red Sox manager. He was expected to be a part of a press conference scheduled for 8:15 this evening, but that might be off now.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (87)