Sep 30, 2011, 6:32 PM EDT
WBZ NewsRadio’s Mike Macklin reports that he witnessed Red Sox owner John Henry getting into an ambulance wearing a neck brace after being helped off his yacht.
Red Sox president Larry Lucchino said Henry was involved in a minor accident in his yacht but was OK. Henry was reportedly on his way to the hospital as of 6 p.m. EDT.
Henry was part of a joint statement earlier Friday regarding Terry Francona’s departure as Red Sox manager. He was expected to be a part of a press conference scheduled for 8:15 this evening, but that might be off now.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 15
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)