Sep 30, 2011, 6:32 PM EST
WBZ NewsRadio’s Mike Macklin reports that he witnessed Red Sox owner John Henry getting into an ambulance wearing a neck brace after being helped off his yacht.
Red Sox president Larry Lucchino said Henry was involved in a minor accident in his yacht but was OK. Henry was reportedly on his way to the hospital as of 6 p.m. EDT.
Henry was part of a joint statement earlier Friday regarding Terry Francona’s departure as Red Sox manager. He was expected to be a part of a press conference scheduled for 8:15 this evening, but that might be off now.
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 48
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 187
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 160
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (194)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (100)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)