Sep 30, 2011, 2:19 PM EDT
Cooper Stone, the 6-year-old son of Rangers fan Shannon Stone who died after falling at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington on July 7, will throw out the ceremonial first pitch before Game 1 of the ALDS tonight.
Cooper Stone was at the game with his father when Shannon Stone fell 20 feet while reaching over the left field railing for a ball thrown by Josh Hamilton. Hamilton will be behind the plate for the first pitch tonight.
Hopefully the Rangers’ good luck charm last postseason, Little Ron Washington, will also be at the game. Seems like mini-Ron and Cooper Stone could be pals.
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 7
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 24
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)