Sep 30, 2011, 2:19 PM EDT
Cooper Stone, the 6-year-old son of Rangers fan Shannon Stone who died after falling at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington on July 7, will throw out the ceremonial first pitch before Game 1 of the ALDS tonight.
Cooper Stone was at the game with his father when Shannon Stone fell 20 feet while reaching over the left field railing for a ball thrown by Josh Hamilton. Hamilton will be behind the plate for the first pitch tonight.
Hopefully the Rangers’ good luck charm last postseason, Little Ron Washington, will also be at the game. Seems like mini-Ron and Cooper Stone could be pals.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 5
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 26
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 206
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (207)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)