Sep 30, 2011, 2:19 PM EDT
Cooper Stone, the 6-year-old son of Rangers fan Shannon Stone who died after falling at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington on July 7, will throw out the ceremonial first pitch before Game 1 of the ALDS tonight.
Cooper Stone was at the game with his father when Shannon Stone fell 20 feet while reaching over the left field railing for a ball thrown by Josh Hamilton. Hamilton will be behind the plate for the first pitch tonight.
Hopefully the Rangers’ good luck charm last postseason, Little Ron Washington, will also be at the game. Seems like mini-Ron and Cooper Stone could be pals.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 1
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 36
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 118
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (118)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)