Sep 30, 2011, 2:19 PM EDT
Cooper Stone, the 6-year-old son of Rangers fan Shannon Stone who died after falling at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington on July 7, will throw out the ceremonial first pitch before Game 1 of the ALDS tonight.
Cooper Stone was at the game with his father when Shannon Stone fell 20 feet while reaching over the left field railing for a ball thrown by Josh Hamilton. Hamilton will be behind the plate for the first pitch tonight.
Hopefully the Rangers’ good luck charm last postseason, Little Ron Washington, will also be at the game. Seems like mini-Ron and Cooper Stone could be pals.
- Not so fast! Dodgers-Marlins trade for Mat Latos “could be falling apart” 42
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 27
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 42
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 31
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 52
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 65
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)