Sep 30, 2011, 1:47 PM EDT
Terry Francona met with Theo Epstein and Red Sox owners John Henry and Tom Werner this morning, but so far at least there’s no news on his expected departure as Boston’s manager.
Epstein issued the following statement:
John Henry, Tom Werner, Larry Lucchino, Ben Cherington and I met with Terry Francona this morning at Fenway Park to exchange thoughts and information on the 2011 season and discuss areas for improvement going forward. We all plan on taking some time to process the thoughts expressed in the meeting. There are no immediate plans for an announcement.
Brian MacPherson of the Providence Journal reports that bench coach DeMarlo Hale was also at Fenway Park this morning and notes that “Hale presumably would be a leading contender for the managerial job if Francona were not to continue.”
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)