Sep 30, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
Detroit announced its postseason roster, choosing to include both Brad Penny and Rick Porcello. That means one of them will start Game 4 against the Yankees while the other works out of the bullpen, although manager Jim Leyland hasn’t said which right-hander will fill which role.
David Pauley, who was acquired from the Mariners as part of the Doug Fister trade in July, will not be on the ALDS roster after posting a 5.95 ERA in 14 appearances for the Tigers. Pauley had a 2.15 ERA in 39 appearances for Seattle prior to the trade.
Instead of Pauley the Tigers opted for Ryan Perry as a right-handed reliever. They’ll also go with Omir Santos as their backup catcher, in part because Victor Martinez is too banged up to be even an emergency option behind the plate.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 98
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 46
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 15
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 6
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 74
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (111)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (75)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement