Sep 30, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Ben Revere was one of the few Twins players to make it through the season healthy, but it turns out the rookie outfielder was banged up too.
Revere is set to undergo knee surgery today, the details of which are unclear because he announced it via Twitter while the Twins have done their usual best to obscure all injury information.
Revere’s entire game is based around exceptional speed, so minor or not knee surgery is a worry. Despite poor overall numbers he finished the season on a strong note while setting the Twins’ rookie record for stolen bases and figures to be an Opening Day starter in 2012, although whether he plays center field or left field and leads off or hits elsewhere in the lineup depends on Denard Span‘s health.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 20
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 19
- Frank Torre: 1931-2014 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 46
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball 86
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)