Sep 30, 2011, 10:15 AM EST
Ben Revere was one of the few Twins players to make it through the season healthy, but it turns out the rookie outfielder was banged up too.
Revere is set to undergo knee surgery today, the details of which are unclear because he announced it via Twitter while the Twins have done their usual best to obscure all injury information.
Revere’s entire game is based around exceptional speed, so minor or not knee surgery is a worry. Despite poor overall numbers he finished the season on a strong note while setting the Twins’ rookie record for stolen bases and figures to be an Opening Day starter in 2012, although whether he plays center field or left field and leads off or hits elsewhere in the lineup depends on Denard Span‘s health.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 0
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 80
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 34
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 13
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 119
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (119)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (94)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)