Sep 30, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Ben Revere was one of the few Twins players to make it through the season healthy, but it turns out the rookie outfielder was banged up too.
Revere is set to undergo knee surgery today, the details of which are unclear because he announced it via Twitter while the Twins have done their usual best to obscure all injury information.
Revere’s entire game is based around exceptional speed, so minor or not knee surgery is a worry. Despite poor overall numbers he finished the season on a strong note while setting the Twins’ rookie record for stolen bases and figures to be an Opening Day starter in 2012, although whether he plays center field or left field and leads off or hits elsewhere in the lineup depends on Denard Span‘s health.
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 31
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 9
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 60
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)