Sep 30, 2011, 10:15 AM EST
Ben Revere was one of the few Twins players to make it through the season healthy, but it turns out the rookie outfielder was banged up too.
Revere is set to undergo knee surgery today, the details of which are unclear because he announced it via Twitter while the Twins have done their usual best to obscure all injury information.
Revere’s entire game is based around exceptional speed, so minor or not knee surgery is a worry. Despite poor overall numbers he finished the season on a strong note while setting the Twins’ rookie record for stolen bases and figures to be an Opening Day starter in 2012, although whether he plays center field or left field and leads off or hits elsewhere in the lineup depends on Denard Span‘s health.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)