Sep 30, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Ben Revere was one of the few Twins players to make it through the season healthy, but it turns out the rookie outfielder was banged up too.
Revere is set to undergo knee surgery today, the details of which are unclear because he announced it via Twitter while the Twins have done their usual best to obscure all injury information.
Revere’s entire game is based around exceptional speed, so minor or not knee surgery is a worry. Despite poor overall numbers he finished the season on a strong note while setting the Twins’ rookie record for stolen bases and figures to be an Opening Day starter in 2012, although whether he plays center field or left field and leads off or hits elsewhere in the lineup depends on Denard Span‘s health.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 340
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 79
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 52
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (340)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (151)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)