We’re gonna be live-chatting and live-blogging the hell out of the postseason

Sep 30, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT

ozymandias

Your attention please:

There will be a lot of playoff games happening in the next few weeks.  As usual, we here at HardballTalk will be covering them like Lester freakin’ Hayes.  But in addition to our usual thing, we’re going to be live-blogging or live-chatting a great many of these bad boys.  It starts in about two hours.

• D.J. will be doing a live chat of the Rays-Rangers game.  The post with the chat should go live around 5pm and the rebop should begin a few minutes afterward. I mean, if you can’t heckle the National Anthem, what fun is there to be had?
  • For tonight’s Tigers-Yankees fest, I’ll be doing a live blog (the refresh button is your friend).  The post will go live a little after 8PM (first pitch is 8:37).  I’ll probably do live chats for games later in the postseason, but we want to change it up a bit. People can get chat fatigue pretty easily.  I’ll be reading all the comments as they come in on the live blog, though, so feel free to fire questions at me and stuff because I’ll be paying attention. Good ones might make the live blog too. Once the game wears on and I’ve had a couple of refreshments, even bad ones might make it in.

Let us all share the joy, pain, sunshine and rain, shall we?

1. nolanwiffle - Sep 30, 2011 at 3:07 PM

The Lair is more sterile (and cartoonish) than I imagined.

• cur68 - Sep 30, 2011 at 3:08 PM

And his dog is ENORMOUS!

• nolanwiffle - Sep 30, 2011 at 3:17 PM

Dog? I thought that was Gleeman wearing some elaborate Chief Knock-A-Homa head dress, curled up at Craig’s feet.

• cur68 - Sep 30, 2011 at 3:20 PM

OK fine, then Gleeman needs to lose some weight, STAT.

• yankeesfanlen - Sep 30, 2011 at 3:50 PM

cur – If you have money on that, the Audi is further away than you think.

• cur68 - Sep 30, 2011 at 4:16 PM

Len m’boy, I got a buck riding on FC’s whereabouts come this spring, and that’s it. As for the Audi, well, lets just say that the only thing between me and it is a BMW M3 that I’ve fallen for badly. This one:

It’s not red but in all other respects looks just like the Mid-Life Crisis I was after. What am I going to do? The thesis write up is only at the 2/3 point, and I swore before dog not to get the car till I was done. So conflicted….

2. cur68 - Sep 30, 2011 at 3:08 PM

I’m in. Got the corn, peanuts, beer, new batteries in the remote and the lap top on full charge. Cell on vibrate, the world will be have been told to “f*ck off; I’m watching baseball” and, so what if the pre-season hockey has started; my buddies can get over it, because I have no intention at joining them at an exhibition game.

My playoff rooting interests are; The Rangers in the AL, The Phills in the NL and “Anyone Playing Against the Yankees” (APAY). I may not have Beaver Men baseball but I still have Yankees to heckle, Jeters to scorn, and ARods to not leave alone. C’Mon Tigers!

3. illcomm - Sep 30, 2011 at 3:19 PM

Please spare us Craig and take the next month off for a personal leave to recoup from your Braves going down. You need a break from being bitter and we need a break from your mostly useless rants.

• cur68 - Sep 30, 2011 at 3:23 PM

ill; If you want to see useless rants just read your own commentary for a good indication. Meantime idjit, go watch pond scum grow or whatever it is wank-stains like you do, eh? The rest of the grown ups got some ball to pay attention to.

• stavromulabeta1 - Sep 30, 2011 at 3:27 PM

Ill, is your whole purpose in life to anger Craig? I only see you on here bitching and moaning about the content. If you have such a problem with HBT, I think that you can find other amusements elsewhere…

• Craig Calcaterra - Sep 30, 2011 at 3:29 PM

illcomm: you act as if that’s all I’ve been doing. I’ve been doing lots of other things too. Playoff previews … covering Red Sox news … your mom …

• cur68 - Sep 30, 2011 at 3:32 PM

Duuuude!

• bigxrob - Sep 30, 2011 at 3:34 PM

BURN

• kopy - Sep 30, 2011 at 3:35 PM

Shots fired!

• uberfatty - Sep 30, 2011 at 3:31 PM

Ill, the easiest way that I have found to get a break from Craig’s comments is a combination of the Alt + F4 keys. Try it sometime.

4. Joe - Sep 30, 2011 at 3:34 PM

Lester Hayes? You really haven’t watched the NFL for a long while, have you?

• jimbo1949 - Sep 30, 2011 at 4:47 PM

he’s still trying to remove the stickum

5. illcomm - Sep 30, 2011 at 3:54 PM

Hi Craig. My mom died a few years back.

• Craig Calcaterra - Sep 30, 2011 at 3:59 PM

My condolences. Yet you have no compunction about going after me despite having the same level of ignorance about me and my work that I have of you. See what happens when we do that?

• Gobias Industries - Sep 30, 2011 at 4:44 PM

It’s too bad one of you doesn’t have the magical power to delete comments / ban users instead of letting all of this play out in the comments sections of every post. Oh wait…

• drmonkeyarmy - Sep 30, 2011 at 4:55 PM

This isn’t a communist state…the guy might be obnoxious and confrontational but he hasn’t done anything to warrant a banning or censorship of his posts.

• Gobias Industries - Sep 30, 2011 at 6:44 PM

I wish I had time to explain to you why I’m not a Communist but I need to get to work at the Gulag.

6. yashraba - Sep 30, 2011 at 4:04 PM

Would that photo happen to be Adrien Veidt(sp?)’s lair from the Watchmen, one of the greatest graphic novels of all time???

If so, that is awesome. If not, I really do apologize for the excessive nerd-ism.

• cur68 - Sep 30, 2011 at 4:08 PM

That is correct, it is the Lair of Ozymandias. Do not apologize for the excessive nerd-ism. You are among friends.

Do Royals or A's have the edge tonight?
  1. D. Jeter (3280)