Sep 30, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
Your attention please:
There will be a lot of playoff games happening in the next few weeks. As usual, we here at HardballTalk will be covering them like Lester freakin’ Hayes. But in addition to our usual thing, we’re going to be live-blogging or live-chatting a great many of these bad boys. It starts in about two hours.
- D.J. will be doing a live chat of the Rays-Rangers game. The post with the chat should go live around 5pm and the rebop should begin a few minutes afterward. I mean, if you can’t heckle the National Anthem, what fun is there to be had?
- For tonight’s Tigers-Yankees fest, I’ll be doing a live blog (the refresh button is your friend). The post will go live a little after 8PM (first pitch is 8:37). I’ll probably do live chats for games later in the postseason, but we want to change it up a bit. People can get chat fatigue pretty easily. I’ll be reading all the comments as they come in on the live blog, though, so feel free to fire questions at me and stuff because I’ll be paying attention. Good ones might make the live blog too. Once the game wears on and I’ve had a couple of refreshments, even bad ones might make it in.
Let us all share the joy, pain, sunshine and rain, shall we?
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 41
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 56
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 91
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)