Sep 30, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
Your attention please:
There will be a lot of playoff games happening in the next few weeks. As usual, we here at HardballTalk will be covering them like Lester freakin’ Hayes. But in addition to our usual thing, we’re going to be live-blogging or live-chatting a great many of these bad boys. It starts in about two hours.
- D.J. will be doing a live chat of the Rays-Rangers game. The post with the chat should go live around 5pm and the rebop should begin a few minutes afterward. I mean, if you can’t heckle the National Anthem, what fun is there to be had?
- For tonight’s Tigers-Yankees fest, I’ll be doing a live blog (the refresh button is your friend). The post will go live a little after 8PM (first pitch is 8:37). I’ll probably do live chats for games later in the postseason, but we want to change it up a bit. People can get chat fatigue pretty easily. I’ll be reading all the comments as they come in on the live blog, though, so feel free to fire questions at me and stuff because I’ll be paying attention. Good ones might make the live blog too. Once the game wears on and I’ve had a couple of refreshments, even bad ones might make it in.
Let us all share the joy, pain, sunshine and rain, shall we?
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 2
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 40
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 42
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 216
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 31
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (216)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)