Oct 1, 2011, 8:52 PM EST
Those watching Saturday’s Cardinals-Phillies game surely noticed that Albert Pujols didn’t exactly bust it down the line on his sixth-inning groundout. As it turned out, there was good reason why.
Cards manager Tony La Russa said after the game that Pujols is dealing with a heel injury, but that he should play Sunday. Pujols was removed for a pinch-runner today with the Cardinals down 11-3 in the ninth.
The Cardinals will surely live with Pujols running at 70 percent in order to keep his bat in the lineup. The three-time MVP had one of their seven hits and one of their two walks in today’s loss.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 162
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (162)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)